Part number.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Helsinki

Car
2 Mercedes B Class 180 CDI auto diesel.
I'm looking at buying a replacement power folding indicator/door mirror for my Mercedes b class W245 180cdi 2010 model due to the broken wiring inside the mirror unit. I have tried to get it repaired but all the companies only want to replace the part. I really don't want to purchase one from Ebay just incase they have the same problem. Also most of the ones I have seen are for earlier models. That is why I need the part number. Does anyone know how many wires are in this mirror? Thank you for any help given. p.s I'm not confident to do the repair myself. Helsinki

There are quite a few part numbers for this model. If you can post the VIN it can be narrowed down

Left mirror frame - A1698101376
Right Mirror frame - A1698101476

can you not test the continuity of the wires and solder in a new wire or replace the offending wire.

Hello mioba, thankyou for replying to me. I'm not confident to do the repair myself. I have contacted many auto electricians and a independent German garage here in Sheffield and all are wanting to fit a new part, they did say that they could get a new one but it could take at least 5 weeks or more. I have been trying to get this done for many weeks now because my mot is due on the 1st of March.Thanks Helsinki.

I cannot understand why an auto electrician would not repair this, it's their job! A slightly longer will will also probably prevent it happening again. Very strange!

Hello bob6600, I thought so too. I have another auto electrician calling to see me tonight so will let you know how I get on. Helsinki.

Good luck 👍

Hello bob6600 all fixed. It took about 4 hrs did it outside my house. 7 of the 9 cables had snapped.Thank you again.👍

I have opened the back door passenger side today and water started to leak at the bottom of the door .All the door and window seals look ok. Is the door panel difficult to remove? Has anyone got any idea how the water could be getting in? Thanks for any info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom