Part numbers for outside temperature display

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NW_Merc

Banned
Car
1994 Mercedes C180 classic
Ok ok, I guess I'm going mad with mods and so, anyone (Shude?) got part numbers for the temperature gauge that sits in the dash for a W202?

Both part numbers are listed in the howto section,For some reason I seem to have forgot to incude it on my website.Just click on the link to the original thread for replies at the bootoom of the page and they will be there.

Last edited:
Could you post the part numbers please???

Last edited:
Part Numbers

Guys maybe I am being daft but I still can't get the part numbers:

I realize that the display is 0202 542 3620 but I can't see what the sensor part no is.

I called the local MB (Swindon) and they were useless of finding the part.

Confused

Hi there,

Now I am slightly confused. MB gave me two different types of temp displays (one is the one mentioned here).

What I have in the cluster though is something that looks like a display for the temp ( I can even see the number but is not lit up).

I do not have temperature sensor though and I want to buy one but I don't know if compatible.

The instrument cluster I have is this one I think and if you see at the back there is no space to put the "extra" display like in the howto guides.

link for cluster:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Mercedes-C230-K-...5QQihZ014QQcategoryZ99207QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would this mean I have to fork out for a new cluster?:(

What you should have is where the temperature should be, either there is a) a blanking box or plate as you do not have a gauge fitted or b) there might be a gauge fitted but it is not wired up.

Either way you will have to take the cluster out of your car to have a look. You need to unscrew the blanking plate to add the new gauge.

If your cluster looks like the one in that picture, the gauge is present I reckon, but it is not wired up to the sensor which sits in the front bumper.

Last edited:
Right at the mo' the gauge and sensor have gone in, but I have no idea how to feed the wires from the sensor through into the plug for the dash, any help please. Ta

There is a few pics in the how to section but once you get to the fuse box you need to feed the wire under the fuse tray and through the firewall.(big hole at the bottom) then up to the cluster.

Temperature Proble Connector

If is one of the new dashes it will have to be connected on the 21pin connector above. It is a different instrument cluster from the howto guide.

The pins you need to connect it is the A1 and A2. If you see the little female connector you will notice 1 and 2.

The problem with the new clusters post 95 to may 97 is that the ECU needs to be told that it now has a temp probe attached. Which means it needs a trip to MB or a garage with the computer to connect to.

I have just done this mod after researching for 4 months as MB said it wasn't possible until MB Deutchland confirmed that it was a possible and a retrofit kit exists in Group 99 from MB dealerships.

Now I will let you know of the success as I have an appointment at 17:00 today to activate it. Fingers crossed

Mine's a 94 car, but does the plug connector need to be taken apart for A1 and A2 to go into it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom