Part numbers info

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

djberg

Car
MB 280CE
Hi, newbie here!! I am looking for some assistance as need to purchase several MB parts for a friend of mine who now moved abroad (he has severals MB's there), however I have the part numbers he requieres but dont have the specifics for each car which makes my life more difficult!
IE: if i put the part number, that I would get a the info like "this is for a w123 280CE seat belt"...is there something like this around?:crazy:
I've been on Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape but just gives very reduced info on each part...any help on this would be extemely appreciatted

Welcome.

Why does it make your job difficult ?

If you visit Mercedes dealer in Reading, they can input each part number into system and if number has been updated it will automatically issue the latest number of the part, and the cost.

Ideally he should have given you the full VIN for each vehicle - is he not contactable?

Welcome.

Why does it make your job difficult ?

If you visit Mercedes dealer in Reading, they can input each part number into system and if number has been updated it will automatically issue the latest number of the part, and the cost.

Ideally he should have given you the full VIN for each vehicle - is he not contactable?
hey...many thanks for your reply! much appreciatted!
the thing is that I would like to purchase the parts online (although I will be looking for genuine parts) but if I go to the dealership it will be more expensive! and my friend has several cars...thought it may be some website that would give this info straight away!

As above- The VIN Number is the first thing any MB parts department will ask for. This is because parts change over the life of a model and are sometime replaced by parts from later models. If you want 100% certainty- chassis no is the only way.

Unless you are lucky enough to find the required parts on eBay, Parts Reunited etc, it's unlikely to be more expensive buying from a dealer. Easy to get a 10% discount from them - just ask - which will probably make the price the same as those on the link you provided, with no P&P charges to pay either.
I work 5 minutes walk from MB Reading and can easily pop in to their Parts dept - if you need any help, let me know.

Many thanks, sound advice...I will do as you guys say then:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom