Part / sensor identification C43

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DamoC43

Car
C43 Estate
Hi folks,
I've another mystery that hopefully can be solved by you lovely lot. Today i'm repairing some damaged wiring looms on the project car (C43 S205 2019). There's a sensor that i've been unable to identify. It's on the same loom as the radar sensor which locates behind the front grill badge. It looks as though it tucks into something on the front bumper perhaps, drivers side. I'm also not sure if something has snapped off it too but it is quite distinctive looking so perhaps someone recognises it and can shed some light? See attached pictures. Any help much appreciated!
Wiring full.jpegWiring end.jpegwiring top.jpeg

From the looks of it, it's a switch - can you depress the black bit on the green bit? 🙃 Looks like it could be the bonnet catch switch (in which case there's probably one the other side also}.

Reactions: Ted
From the looks of it, it's a switch - can you depress the black bit on the green bit? 🙃 Looks like it could be the bonnet catch switch (in which case there's probably one the other side also}.
Top of the class @SpikyMikey you are 100% correct!. I'd not pressed the green tip. Also the replacement crash panel i've installed already has one on so i can switch them over just in case this one is damaged. Thanks sooo much. I owe a lot of beers to people on this forum.

Right, back to soldering......

An uncharacteristically good guess from me then :D
Looks like you've got a fun project going there.
Don't forgot to order plenty of heatshrink !

An uncharacteristically good guess from me then :D
Looks like you've got a fun project going there.
Don't forgot to order plenty of heatshrink !
I'm using those heat shrink tubes that have a solder ring inside too, they're saving me a lot of time as there's at least 20 broken / damaged wires. The loom to parking sensors was completely severed (all 12 of them) so hoping sensors will still work afterwards. I read somewhere that soldering such small wires changes the resistance but it's worth a try before i start replacing the whole loom. Fingers crossed!

Those solder splices certainly save time over soldering and heatshrinking, so long as you make sure you get them hot enough to flow properly so you don't get a dry joint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom