Parting with my CL63 for a CLK320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Congratulations I see you chose the best colour :).

That looks like the full command unit with Sat nav?

They must be retro fit seats as totally different to my old CLK which were electric..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thanks guys.

Yeah NTG2 I believe. Still trying to get some MP3 CDs to work, guess I'll have to try burning them at 1x haha.

Hold up, are you suggesting that this car should have never had manual seats and someone took them out?! I wonder if it's worth having the data card chrcked..

Mine was a 2003 clk320 so probably a seat change took place from my old model...

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hold up, are you suggesting that this car should have never had manual seats and someone took them out?! I wonder if it's worth having the data card chrcked..

I’m confused too... there certainly was a manual and electric seat option on the CLK. Not sure what everyone else means ;)

What I meant is that those are "multi-contour" seats, which I thought only came with the memory pack. - Because I thought they came with the memory pack, I assume they should also be electric.

A family member had the same multi contour seats in his 2009 CLK (albeit a 220) and his are definitely manual.

The facelift W209 I had had contour seats without the memory option.

Multi contour seats standard on the Sport. Memory seats optional on all models.

Good buy. I had a 09 CLK 320CDi Sport, black with cappuccino interior and all the bells and whistles. Great car, wish I'd kept it now. A future classic.

AMG sport had multi contour seats as standard, and manual operation as standard.
When adjusted properly they are some of the most comfortable seats for long distance I've ever used.

What I meant is that those are "multi-contour" seats, which I thought only came with the memory pack. - Because I thought they came with the memory pack, I assume they should also be electric.
Tell me about it, I was thinking the same in the beginning, alas this is not the case - lots of multi contours without memory out there.

OP - have you sold the CL63 yet?
CL left the premises last night. What a machine. The interior leather is another level of course. I might look to reupholster various areas in the CLK but it is still hella comfortable and great for some spirited driving - you can really feel the reduced weight even though ABC suspension worked wonders in that tank. AMGs are a tough sale, but I'm not surprised given the high running costs and we are getting closer to the colder months. Avatar and car updated.

Multi contour seats standard on the Sport. Memory seats optional on all models.

Good buy. I had a 09 CLK 320CDi Sport, black with cappuccino interior and all the bells and whistles. Great car, wish I'd kept it now. A future classic.

AMG sport had multi contour seats as standard, and manual operation as standard.
When adjusted properly they are some of the most comfortable seats for long distance I've ever used.
This. x2

The black + cappuccino interior combo would have been the dream. I had to loosen my search criteria as the market was not changing regularly at all.

The only issue I have with the lack of memory seats is not the seat adjustments themselves but the convenience of the wheel moving out of the way for my knees getting in and out the car. #1stworldproblems

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom