Parts for a 1983 280sl

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bozzycyp

Car
280Sl
Hi does anyone know of or can recommend anywhere to source parts for a 1983 mercedes sl in particular the 280sl? I'm also trying to track down a workshop manual for the same car.

Cheers

Rich

you can get a US haynes manual that covers the car but not that engine. a W123 280 haynes manual is good for the engine.

for parts, depends what you want. there are a few good companies, and also ebay, then best place for parts is usually MB dealer.

Cheers many thanks, I take it mb dealers will hold parts for a car that old?

Regards

Rich

Cheers many thanks, I take it mb dealers will hold parts for a car that old?

Regards

Rich

Service parts maybe stocked, but most parts will need to be ordered.

Items such as carpets, and some trim parts, are no longer available.

For parts you could also try Bren Franey from this forum. His user name is franey and his number is 01302 351421.

Thanks for the good nod and plug,
For your info we have now moved to a new warehouse on the old RAF Finningley air base.
Getting slowly organised with correctly detailing the stock inventory and new software systems but trying to help customers as best as possible with parts etc.
New contact number is 01302 623 293
email is [email protected]

The Vulcan Bomber is now resident here so if you ever call along to see it please drop in for a chat and coffee you will be more than welcome.

Hopefully when we are a bit better organised I will try and have an 'open day' with a barbecue etc.
Cheers! Bren:thumb:

You can buy CD manuals from the Mercedes Benz classic center in Irvine CA. They are factory manuals on CD and usually carry the US market cars. Because the 280SL never made it in the US, you'll need to get the R107 manual to cover the chassis and the W123 manual to cover the engine.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom