Parts help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m1bnk

Car
1999 E240 Avantgarde
My E240 finally succumbed to W210 Front Suspension Disease.

Offside spring perch has disintegrated, nearside's ok (weird)

Can I buy one from somewhere and get my local welding genie to weld it up for me. I have access to jigs etc to check alignment, I just can not find either

1. The correct name for the thing
2. Where I can buy one

If anyone can give me some help I'd really appreciate it. Commuting in my girlfriend's Agila is just not a nice thing to have to do - save me from motoring hell, please

try a person named acid on this forum

Can you get to 124works in Kirkham near Preston?

It's a bit far for me. Unfortunately I have to work 9-5 all week. If they have parts, could you send me contact details by PM. I can always get a acourier to call and collect if they don't ship

I can post photos, but I think there's plenty around the net already like
this one

It's the green bit of metal the top of the spring sits in that has been destroyed on mine.

I don`t think you can buy that mate,I might be wrong though

My E240 finally succumbed to W210 Front Suspension Disease.

Offside spring perch has disintegrated, nearside's ok (weird)

Can I buy one from somewhere and get my local welding genie to weld it up for me. I have access to jigs etc to check alignment, I just can not find either

1. The correct name for the thing
2. Where I can buy one

If anyone can give me some help I'd really appreciate it. Commuting in my girlfriend's Agila is just not a nice thing to have to do - save me from motoring hell, please

Just buy on from your local MB parts dept, - they're £22, and get a local garage to weld it back on, a quick and easy job.

For future ref

The part number is

A 210 626 01 19

In Mercedes parts speak it's a "bracing unit"

£22.92 including VAT. The nice lady I spoke to at the dealership even got it delivered to me free because the driver passes my work on his way to another branch :)

It's an easy welding job too

Actually, the official MB recommended replacement procedure calls for the new spring perches to be riveted in, not welded. [ don't know why??] A total of 11 high strength rivets are called for on each perch (four on each "ear" and three in the middle). I believe these are the same location that the spot welds were done at the factory originally but apparently they are now calling for the rivet connection not the spot weld. The procedure is detailed in the WIS as AR62.10-P-0006E. It calls for a "Taurus 4 blind rivet tool" and "100mm extension" as being the recommended riveter.
here's the pdf

http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/e...Replace_left_and_right_front_spring_mount.pdf

Due to the loads exerted on this component, I think that I'd still go for welding, purely because I wouldn't be confident I could source rivets of a close enough spec to those used by MB - ordinary poppers from the local hardware store just aren't going to cut it.

There's an old adage that "an inch of (good) weld holds a ton", so a fully seam welded perch should stand up to any abuse it's likely to encounter.

Hi guys i realise this is an old thread but need help can't find the answers im looking for anywhere. The problem i have is my rear spring bracing units are showing signs of corrosion and will require cutting of and replacing with new. The thing im wondering is are these the same bracing units for front and back of the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom