Parts in/from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzers

Car
230TE, but mum had a new 230TE in 1984 (W123), (not the same one) mines a W124
I've a W124 estate, and will need some parts in the future, I have called MB and even after discount of %20 they are still expensive. I was wondering if it'd be worth either taking a trip to germany or even ordering parts from there.
Would anyone have knowledge or experience of this being cheaper?
thanks in advance.

I doubt you would be any better off, what parts were you after?

I've a W124 estate, and will need some parts in the future, I have called MB and even after discount of %20 they are still expensive. I was wondering if it'd be worth either taking a trip to germany or even ordering parts from there.
Would anyone have knowledge or experience of this being cheaper?
thanks in advance.

Parts are cheaper here.

Parts are cheaper in the UK but Cars are cheaper in Germany:thumb:

well I have a rusting on the petrol tank neck, that will still last for another a year or so, I've greased it etc just to prolong its life. i.e mercedes petrol tank:MA1244700804.£600
plus it needs a new model petrol cap for it. and then a possible drivers side rear quarter:£534 MA1246305021/, which I'm guessing will be relatively expensive to have it replaced without the price of buying it. I'm just making a list of current things I anticipate to repair, though it being a 230te, still considering if its economically viable.

well I have a rusting on the petrol tank neck, that will still last for another a year or so, I've greased it etc just to prolong its life. i.e mercedes petrol tank:MA1244700804.£600
plus it needs a new model petrol cap for it. and then a possible drivers side rear quarter:£534 MA1246305021/, which I'm guessing will be relatively expensive to have it replaced without the price of buying it. I'm just making a list of current things I anticipate to repair, though it being a 230te, still considering if its economically viable.

Buy a used tank, and I should have a new genuine qtr panel for £200, they're not that hard to fit either.

you see, there is this site, https://www.mbgtc.de/ this is where mercedes send there own dismantling stuff. 200 is a good price. let me save my pennies for that one.

Shame it's the estate only parts that you need, I've got a ton of stuff lurking about for the saloon's.

Used cars are much cheaper here, German used cars are fought over by Eastern Europeans and Turks etc

Yep I agree used cars are cheaper here but new cars to UK spec are cheaper in Germany but you do have the hassle of getting them into the UK as I outlined in my thread earlier this year but if you are prepared to put the effort in then savings are to be had

Yep I agree used cars are cheaper here but new cars to UK spec are cheaper in Germany but you do have the hassle of getting them into the UK as I outlined in my thread earlier this year but if you are prepared to put the effort in then savings are to be had

Thinking about a new E350cdi. Any idea how prices Germany v UK compare?

Yep!

Parts are cheaper here.

Parts prices have retained their £ level over the last few years but now you're paying around £1 for €1 as opposed to £0.70 back in 2008. European parts are costly these days and I (in France) look to the UK for costly parts.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom