Parts in/from Germany

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzers

Car
230TE, but mum had a new 230TE in 1984 (W123), (not the same one) mines a W124
I've a W124 estate, and will need some parts in the future, I have called MB and even after discount of %20 they are still expensive. I was wondering if it'd be worth either taking a trip to germany or even ordering parts from there.
Would anyone have knowledge or experience of this being cheaper?
thanks in advance.

I doubt you would be any better off, what parts were you after?

I've a W124 estate, and will need some parts in the future, I have called MB and even after discount of %20 they are still expensive. I was wondering if it'd be worth either taking a trip to germany or even ordering parts from there.
Would anyone have knowledge or experience of this being cheaper?
thanks in advance.

Parts are cheaper here.

well I have a rusting on the petrol tank neck, that will still last for another a year or so, I've greased it etc just to prolong its life. i.e mercedes petrol tank:MA1244700804.£600
plus it needs a new model petrol cap for it. and then a possible drivers side rear quarter:£534 MA1246305021/, which I'm guessing will be relatively expensive to have it replaced without the price of buying it. I'm just making a list of current things I anticipate to repair, though it being a 230te, still considering if its economically viable.

well I have a rusting on the petrol tank neck, that will still last for another a year or so, I've greased it etc just to prolong its life. i.e mercedes petrol tank:MA1244700804.£600
plus it needs a new model petrol cap for it. and then a possible drivers side rear quarter:£534 MA1246305021/, which I'm guessing will be relatively expensive to have it replaced without the price of buying it. I'm just making a list of current things I anticipate to repair, though it being a 230te, still considering if its economically viable.

Buy a used tank, and I should have a new genuine qtr panel for £200, they're not that hard to fit either.

you see, there is this site, https://www.mbgtc.de/ this is where mercedes send there own dismantling stuff. 200 is a good price. let me save my pennies for that one.

Shame it's the estate only parts that you need, I've got a ton of stuff lurking about for the saloon's.

Used cars are much cheaper here, German used cars are fought over by Eastern Europeans and Turks etc

Yep I agree used cars are cheaper here but new cars to UK spec are cheaper in Germany but you do have the hassle of getting them into the UK as I outlined in my thread earlier this year but if you are prepared to put the effort in then savings are to be had

Yep I agree used cars are cheaper here but new cars to UK spec are cheaper in Germany but you do have the hassle of getting them into the UK as I outlined in my thread earlier this year but if you are prepared to put the effort in then savings are to be had

Thinking about a new E350cdi. Any idea how prices Germany v UK compare?

Yep!

Parts are cheaper here.

Parts prices have retained their £ level over the last few years but now you're paying around £1 for €1 as opposed to £0.70 back in 2008. European parts are costly these days and I (in France) look to the UK for costly parts.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom