Parts needed, after fitting and dismantling advice.

• Thread starter Deletedmember148151
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deletedmember148151

I had posted here before but it was more about how to dismantle rather than ask to buy, if and when I would be able to use the classifieds, I'd make a proper list. I tried joining the 190e forum to no avail, I cannot get in, it does no send a confirmation email and have tried twice now so I'm left with the fleabay or elsewhere for the parts I need, Thank you to those that replied and showed me how to remove things like vents, i cannot respond on the previous thread any longer due to being moved.

Here's a question for you all, there is apiece of plastic trim which fits on the leading edge of the wheel arch, the previous owner purchased the clips but even though are broken and they just do not fit the actual hole, I shall upload a photo tomorrow but i'm totally lost with it so would appreciate any advice.

Hi Optimus, I just tried to join using my yahoo e-mail address and still have had no confirmation come through, i don't have gmail, hotmail or the facebook and what have you yet my log in details are there but it is asking me to subscribe before I can even make a post.. or at least it seems that way.

Screenshot

Of course it has not been activated yet, why is the verification email not coming through, ok, I'm probably not the most patient of people but I have been waiting since last night and nothing in my spam folders.. please excuse me writing this here.

Ho dont be like that -i can send you some pills to get you over this feeling . I would be confused also ,, i took you link to the 190 forum i dont understand it .The site was revamped last month and its hard to navigate maybe thats the problem.
On another note its not the end of the world --is this the part you talk about Dont look at the red box .?.s-l1600.jpg addon.php.jpg

Hi, That looks like it, the clips don't seem to fit in the oblong hole

Hi, That looks like it, the clips don't seem to fit in the oblong hole
The part is here, the previous owner had purchased the clips but has broken on upon installation and they don't seem to fit, I think they could be the wrong clips but he paid a lot for them.

Finally I have managed to take photos showing what I am trying to show what problem i'm having with the clips. See the clip held against the rectangular hole, well it can't fit in as has nothing to hold to but the end looks like it should fit inside one of the clips on the actual trim part, anyway, any help is appreciated, this is how it was when I bought it, the trim and clips were in the boot.

Trim n clips 1.jpg Trim n clips 2.jpg

So wrong ones supplied, I would appreciate if you could advise what the clip should look like so I know what to look for, Thank you so much.

All i can find is on ebay ask the seller a question they are the best to ask as they sell them and know all the part numbers 5c5755072fe3db323cce9b99e505885b2.jpg HUH.jpg

Thank you very much, do they sell this lot as a pack? it may be worthwhile buying one though I only have the one 190 right now :D

Pip what problem did you have joining the 190E forum ? . Do you have a paid email provider or is it hot mail - google, - yahoo .

Hi Optimus, I still have yet to receive any confirmation email off the 190e forum and have requested a new one twice, as such i still cannot get anywhere.

Hiya, the best source of information is. . . .wait for it. . . .the stealer, the guys in the parts departments are usually very helpful, I had a similar prob with my CLK and they identified the clip and broke open a large bag to sell me three, worth a try.

Hiya, the best source of information is. . . .wait for it. . . .the stealer, the guys in the parts departments are usually very helpful, I had a similar prob with my CLK and they identified the clip and broke open a large bag to sell me three, worth a try.

Thank you Martin, I could even take the bag of incorrect clips to show them, I have to go and collect a part on Wednesday anyway :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom