Parts needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dimbers

Car
CLS 350
I need some parts for my W219 CLS. Ive reserved them from Euro car parts but im not sure on the quality of them. My local dealers are closed until monday but i would like to get the parts ordered quickly, im having them fitted next week.

If anyone can point me in the right direction to a trusted retailer, im after

N/S front lower control arm
N/S Front lower ball joint
N/S Front upper wishbone
Wheel bearing

Thanks

If you buy lemforder your buying mercedes from ecp.

Alot of issues with aftermarket wheel bearing seal/pick up ring in the kit. Alot of owners have bought this seal/ring from mercedes and used it with aftermarket wheel bearing kits instead of the supplied one.

Thanks for that, il cancel the order i made and re order the lemforder equivalent.

With the lower control arm it comes with a ball joint attached, i guess this is the outer ball joint so i would need to order the inner ball joint separately?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210109-155226_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210109-155226_Samsung Internet.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 1
MB Grangemouth, Newcastle and Southend all post parts out and at discounted prices. Next time if you want genuine parts, give them a call

Get in touch with this motor factors company. Owned by a forum member and great prices and fast service.

Thanks for that, il cancel the order i made and re order the lemforder equivalent.

With the lower control arm it comes with a ball joint attached, i guess this is the outer ball joint so i would need to order the inner ball joint separately?
There is only one ball joint on the control arm , the other end has a big bolt through it

Get in touch with this motor factors company. Owned by a forum member and great prices and fast service.

Thanks, il fire them an email across and see what they can do
There is only one ball joint on the control arm , the other end has a big bolt through it
So now im confused, im no mechanic. The bits i listed on the original post are what i was told i needed after having it checked over. This is what ive ordered but now im questioning it as to whether its the right bits.
There are 2 lower ball joints listed, inner and outer. There are also 2 lower control arms listed.

I sent a message to the mechanic asking if i need the inner or outer ball joint, he replied to say that one comes as part of the arm and one comes on its own so both.
Thats confused me even more.

This is what ive ordered, can anyone tell me if it looks right?

Screenshot_20210109-182244_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210109-182320_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210109-182350_Samsung Internet.jpg

Whats confusing me is there are also these control arms, and this outer bush

Screenshot_20210109-182335_Samsung Internet.jpgScreenshot_20210109-182259_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks, il fire them an email across and see what they can do

So now im confused, im no mechanic. The bits i listed on the original post are what i was told i needed after having it checked over. This is what ive ordered but now im questioning it as to whether its the right bits.
There are 2 lower ball joints listed, inner and outer. There are also 2 lower control arms listed.

I sent a message to the mechanic asking if i need the inner or outer ball joint, he replied to say that one comes as part of the arm and one comes on its own so both.
Thats confused me even more.

This is what ive ordered, can anyone tell me if it looks right?

View attachment 107230View attachment 107231View attachment 107232

Whats confusing me is there are also these control arms, and this outer bush

View attachment 107234View attachment 107233
I was commenting only about the control arm picture

You need the ball joint in the last picture. That black arm is made from steel and known as REAR arm. The lightweight ali arm is known as FRONT. Also ask what the wishbone failed on , bushes or ball joint , because the end balljoint can be bought separately, easy changed only 3 bolts ...

I was commenting only about the control arm picture
Im with you, thanks
You need the ball joint in the last picture. That black arm is made from steel and known as REAR arm. The lightweight ali arm is known as FRONT. Also ask what the wishbone failed on , bushes or ball joint , because the end balljoint can be bought separately, easy changed only 3 bolts ...
Ah, i see. Thanks for the info. Il get him to show me the wishbone when it goes in. Appreciate the advice

Only buy an OEM or equivalent balljoint or you will end up doing it again would be my advice.
I bought one from local factors a few years ago, lasted less then 5k miles.

Only buy an OEM or equivalent balljoint or you will end up doing it again would be my advice.
I bought one from local factors a few years ago, lasted less then 5k miles.
+1. MB OEM lasts 50-80K, Aftermarket stuff lucky if you get 20-30k. Of course depends on what brand you buy etc, but I won't get into the mechanics of the OEMS that make parts for MB and then sell them directly in the aftermarket, as they are often not made to the same specs, even by the same company

Sorry for off top, If you need original (genuine) parts I can suggest you woxparts.com, delivery time to UK 1-1.5 of week, but quality are excellent. This is not a variant if you need part at the same day.
And they have a very loyal support, you can ask for a discount for whole order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom