Passanger door seat control pod..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rossy

Car
Me:-CLS55 AMG & ML280 Edition Wife:-Pug 3008 GT Line Premium
How does this come off and go back...all the controls work but the pod is lose like its not clipped in?
Tried a search and can't find...but not sure what I'm searching for...

It is likely that clips holding the wooden panel are broken. Common issue with these. To find out, get a PH2 screwdriver and locate the screw in the vent above the panel (use torch). Undo the screw, pull the vent and you will see a sliding mechanism holding the wooden piece in place. Slide to release and voila. At the bottom of the wooden piece are two 'fangs' which might have been broken off. Mercedes used to sell a repair kit but it's been discontinued. If the fangs are there, you can try and bolt or glue them (or both) to the plastic holder underneath.

Superb responce...ALX as usual...clearly know your stuff...
I can see me oweing you a lot of beers....

No worries bud and good luck fixing her.

Sorted!!!

SORTED all thanks to ALX and his destructions!!!!
:bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

As I suspected and hoped (Passanger Door) on the far left of the control pod it was simply not "hooked in".
Undid the screw in the vent (yes a LED torch required) while pulling on the vent gently so as soon as the screw frees the vent it comes out leaving the screw in place....(I can see how easy it would be to lose it in the vent or door) I also kept the screwdriver on it at all times to be sure...
Then as the instructions say...there is a release mech you slide to one side and it releases the pod.
Took the pod out and checked for broken flanges...none...hooked in 1st on the far left and clicked into place. Put vent back...
If I'm honest there is still very very slight play but no more or less than the drivers door and I believe normal?
Certainly not the floppy wiggly effort with large gap it had before!!
Next is the gear knob....
If it turns out to be shot, I've seen a nice wooden one on fleebay....LOL

Thanks again ALX...is that 2 or 3 pints/shots I owe you now...lost count...:D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom