Passat W8

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChipChop

MB Enthusiast
Car
S210 320cdi w201 190d 2.5
Not a Mercedes but so rare it may be of interest to some. 2002 Passat W8 4.0 V8 4wd. Q car.

That would probably be a hoot of a car for that sort of money assuming it is all working (and the misfire is nothing serious).

Surprised it is a manual but even more amusing.

Will go up in value guaranteed .

Surprised he hasn't tried running it on gas to see if the misfire is still there. Couldn't be because he knows the cause of the misfire, could it?

It’s had a lot of failed MOT’s in its life for sure. Interesting beast though.

They buy them for the noise

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
As gorgeous as that sounds I'm not sure if I prefer that over the sound of a traditional cross-plane V8 🤔

It's a brave person who takes that on. Engine is complicated, specific to that model and there were so few made even Volkswagen can't fix them now as not enough mechanics were trained up.

Cheers,

Gaz

I'm fond of buying mad cars...
Take a look at the Mitsuoka model line-up. They may be the wrong sort of mad, though...

It's a brave person who takes that on. Engine is complicated, specific to that model and there were so few made even Volkswagen can't fix them now as not enough mechanics were trained up.

Cheers,

Gaz
Glad I read this 😉 there was me thinking ooo errr, could replace the golf with this...sounds like best be avoided.

Glad I read this 😉 there was me thinking ooo errr, could replace the golf with this...sounds like best be avoided.
You could always take the more sensible diesel option from VW's early nougties range. The Touareg V10 tdi. 313bhp & 650nMnm torque

I always thought that V10 oiler chucked out more torque than that for some reason.

Not poor by any means of course.

I imagine the Phat one with that engine must have been a nice torquey drive.

That's pants , I'm 580 Nm with a 4 pot , 2.1 .

I always thought that V10 oiler chucked out more torque than that for some reason.

Not poor by any means of course.

I imagine the Phat one with that engine must have been a nice torquey drive.
A quick Google suggests 313 PS and 750 Nm, which sounds about right to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom