Passed first time, with or without accident.

Accident or not in first 2 years?

• Passed first time, accident.

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Passed first time, no accident

Votes: 31 39.7%
  • Passed second time, accident.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Passed second time, no accident.

Votes: 17 21.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
As a follow up to the previous poll and reflecting on yet another poll about passing first time I thought I'd combine the two. Sorry for hijack. No comments just vote. Second or greater is implied.

Last edited:
Nobody admitting to first time pass and an accident??

Erm I passed 3rd time and have had several altercations with bollards, bins, fences and walls. All of them completely and utterly my fault.

You're all very shy.

In the first poll of the trio well over half passed first time.
Half and half had accidents in the first two years.
And yet now(apparently) no one who passed first time had an accident in the first two years.

You're all very shy.

In the first poll of the trio well over half passed first time.
Half and half had accidents in the first two years.
And yet now(apparently) no one who passed first time had an accident in the first two years.

I'll admit i did :eek:

None since though.

I passed first time and had an accident within the first two years ..

This is very slowwww. But very interesting. What do you think ***?

Failed twice in an area with no traffic lights, box junctions or roundabouts and a pass rate of over 70% at the time, then passed on 3rd attempt in a town with a pass rate of 42% Go figure. No accidents as yet!

I passed on the second attempt in School of Motoring vehicle with no accidents in the first 2 years.:thumb:

My first attempt was in a works J4 van, the one where you are sat on top of the engine/wheel arches, I thought it was going very well until the examiner slapped his clip board against the wind screen for me to do an emergency stop, next thing I stamped on the brakes and van stopped like it was on a chain from God but then he ended up sliding down the wind screen.:eek:

:dk:He did not seem to see the funny side of it all and I think it caught him out as he did not have a seat belt on (40 years ago) any way he failed me, I seem to think it was for approaching junctions to fast.

I think the reason people are being shy is there are not enough options, there's certainly not one that fits mine. Government stats used to show majority of people passed their test on the 3rd or 4th attempt ( not sure what they are now) as I suspect we have a high average age on this forum the poll may need more options to reflect the stats at the time.

Passed first time. Accident about a year later was caused by a mechanical failure on the car (suspension component) which resulted in a collision with a lamp post and a written-off 3 month old company car (and a large compensation payout from the manufacturer).

So I've ticked the first box, but not sure whether it actually fits the purpose of the poll...

Passed first time, then "met" a grey VW beetle driving in heavy rain at dusk without lights.

What I now refer to as "stealth" mode.....

I think the reason people are being shy is there are not enough options, there's certainly not one that fits mine. Government stats used to show majority of people passed their test on the 3rd or 4th attempt ( not sure what they are now) as I suspect we have a high average age on this forum the poll may need more options to reflect the stats at the time.

Tried to keep it simple...second or greater was my implication ( post 1 ).

I had a bump during my second test (not my fault) and still passed!

Apparently I kept very calm .....

Passed first time, accident (well 2) within 2 years :eek:.

The insurers classed me not to be at fault :D for either:

First one was a double decker bus pulling out into the second lane on a dual carriageway to get past a parked car whilst I was parallel to it (presumably in his blind spot).

Second one, I was rammed from behind at a give way junction - the guy was on his phone and was really dodgy / shifty when we went to exchnage details. Although no one was hurt I got the police involved as he refused to give details (or couldn't remember his address or phone number - yeah right!). Turned out he was uninsured and not the registered keeper of the car, I later found out from the Police he was a drug dealer who got sent down for 5 years...

So far the second or greaters have a far better record proportionately speaking.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom