Passenger Air Bags saying "off".

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rosetta

Car
C 200 SE 9G-Tronic Plus Auto
Sorry, I should have posted this on my previous topic, but I forgot. New member, new Merc and I've got just a few "not knowing what that does" issues on my Mercedes C200 2017.

This is coming up!
Does this mean the airbags are off? I can't find anything in the settings about it.
(Apologies for starting another new thread, but I keep thinking of issues I've got!)

edit: Oh good grief, I've just thought, is it because no-one is sat in the passenger seat? I really am a modern car tech novice!!!

Attachments

• 153145147_10158320584206275_8058203344762662801_o.jpg
    153145147_10158320584206275_8058203344762662801_o.jpg
    233.7 KB · Views: 5
Yes it is. There's a pressure sensor in the seat, so unless you have a passenger that sign will light up

And before you ask, no you can't disable the rear seatbelt warning that comes up! :D

Thanks. I think I currently slightly overwhelmed by all the features! I'm like a puppy, "What's this? What's that?"

When you have a spare couple of days, have a read of the user manual.
There are probably lots of features you have yet to discover.

When you have a spare couple of days, have a read of the user manual.
There are probably lots of features you have yet to discover.

I have had a couple of reads, and watched a few video's, which have been great. I keep finding things that are great!

Sorry, I should have posted this on my previous topic, but I forgot. New member, new Merc and I've got just a few "not knowing what that does" issues on my Mercedes C200 2017.

This is coming up!
Does this mean the airbags are off? I can't find anything in the settings about it.
(Apologies for starting another new thread, but I keep thinking of issues I've got!)

edit: Oh good grief, I've just thought, is it because no-one is sat in the passenger seat? I really am a modern car tech novice!!!
This light is related to the optional ISOFIX feature that disables the front passenger airbag when an approved child seat is connected.

The light comes-on for a few seconds after engine startup, to test the circuit and the bulb.

If your car does not have the optional ISOFIX feature, then this particular light serves no purpose. However, the bulb test will still take place, even if there's no ISOFIX in the car, which is why you see it come-on.

But, this is not a fault warning. In the event that a fault develops with the passenger side airbag or the sensor mat inside the front passenger seat, you will be notified by a separate warning on the instrument cluster. This light will not illuminate because it isn't a fault warning light, and as said, in your car it has no purpose whatsoever.

Last edited:
This light is related to the optional ISOFIX feature that disables the front passenger airbag when an approved child seat is connected.

The light comes-on for a few seconds after engine startup, to test the circuit and the bulb.

If your car does not have the optional ISOFIX feature, then this particular light serves no purpose. However, the bulb test will still take place, even if there's no ISOFIX in the car, which is why you see it come-on.

But, this is not a fault warning. In the event that a fault develops with the passenger side airbag or the sensor mat inside the front passenger seat, you will be notified by a separate warning on the instrument cluster. This light will not illuminate because it isn't a fault warning light, and as said, in your car it has no purpose whatsoever.
Okay, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom