Passenger Airbag C207

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

survey

Car
Mercedes E250 cdi Coupe
Does anyone know how to turn off the front passenger airbag on an Ecoupe 2012? I've read the manual but can't find a reference to this.

The front passenger airbag off light goes out after a few seconds of starting the car. I did note that mb make reference to placing a non-isofix car seat and mentions moving the passenger seat as far back as is possible. This however appears not to switch off the airbag.

Looking through previous posts, I believe that the only way to disable the passenger airbag is via a transponder on an isofix child seat. Not sure if moving the passenger seat as far back as its travel will suffice. Problem is the coupe doesn't have moving headrests on the rear seats that can clamp down on to a child seat, only has these on the front seats.

I'm not aware of any way of turning it off manually, it is 'automated' (well, on mine but it's newer model)

The comment about the rear headrest 'clamping down' is a bit confusing as that isn't a recognised way of securing a child seat, usually just the isofix and rear tether strap (you can, of course, use the normal seatbelt in addition to the isofix, if the seat is so constructed to enable that). I haven't looked to check whether there is a rear tether strap though.

... believe that the only way to disable the passenger airbag is via a transponder on an isofix child seat...

This is correct.

Moving the front seat as far away from the airbag is advisable for safety reasons, but it won't deactivate the airbag.

The amber illumination you see briefly is a test for the bulb, it has no meaning when there's no MB ISOFIX child seat in the car.

(Some people will buy on eBay only the MB transponder and then attach it to a non-MB child seat, but I can't say if it's a safe option)

I'm not aware of any way of turning it off manually, it is 'automated' (well, on mine but it's newer model)

The comment about the rear headrest 'clamping down' is a bit confusing as that isn't a recognised way of securing a child seat, usually just the isofix and rear tether strap (you can, of course, use the normal seatbelt in addition to the isofix, if the seat is so constructed to enable that). I haven't looked to check whether there is a rear tether strap though.
Hi, yup I also reckon it can't be turned off. One of our grandchildren seats do have the headrest clamping over the seat as an added restraint- not isofix.

Hi, yup I also reckon it can't be turned off. One of our grandchildren seats do have the headrest clamping over the seat as an added restraint- not isofix.

I think you are referring to the Top Tether belt:

EDIT: Sorry, that's for the rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom