Passenger Airbag Warning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi Chaps, the passenger airbag warning to say it is off is displayed even when my wife is in the car, is there a switch that switches this on or do I have a fault? Many thanks Paul

There's a sensor in the passenger's seat; sounds like it's not recognising her.

Any chance that someone has previously disabled it with an electronic box of tricks, or have you had the car a while and this is the first time it's done this?

It might be as simple as a loose connection under the seat, but I would have thought you'd have a dashboard error telling you there's an SRS fault if that was the case.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I have had no SRS lights on so I will have a look under the seat when the weather is better and not raining. Thanks Paul

Hi,
Look for the Yellow connector under the front of the seat.
Ensure ignition is off, disconnect it, inspect the cables either side of the connectors, find the connector with the female pins, remove them from the connector (remembering/noting where each has come from) and gently squeeze the female pins with a pair of pliers to tighten up the connections refit.
The above might be a waste of time but it costs nothing to do.
There is a distinct possibility even if this works that you will need the codes cleared to extinguish the light, but at least if it doesn't clear then you will get the codes read and get it confirmed that the seat recognition sensor is at fault.
For info, the SRS Warning light when illuminated means that the Airbags "MAY" not go off in an accident.
Just noticed you are in the New Forest if you are not too far from Totton I can reset the light for you if you wanted.

Last edited:
Hi Andy, thank you for the update. I don't have any SRS lights on but I will check the yellow plug at the weekend and see what happens and then If I get some codes I will be in contact. It's good to know there is someone close by. I am often in Totton as my neighbour has a truck servicing company on Ealing Wharf so I often pop down to SWT. Paul

Hi Andy, thank you for the update. I don't have any SRS lights on but I will check the yellow plug at the weekend and see what happens and then If I get some codes I will be in contact. It's good to know there is someone close by. I am often in Totton as my neighbour has a truck servicing company on Ealing Wharf so I often pop down to SWT. Paul

Know SWT well my mum use to work there back in the nineties.
I live about 1-2 miles away from there.
I can read the codes as well as I have the STAR Diagnostic Computer, if you want me to plug it in let me know.

Hi Andy, thanks very much and if required I will contact you. Your mother has my sympathy having to work with Richard (my neighbour) and Andrew. Paul

When Mum worked there she was working for a company called Thomas Roberts on the WeighBridge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom