Passenger Headlight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattboocock

Car
2013 Merc CLS 350 CDI Blue Efficiency
Morning all,

The pheasant has decided to head-butt my passenger headlight and cracked the glass. I thought it will be a simple glass replacement but when I rang my Merc dealer they say I have to have an entire new unit at a cost of £750!

Is this true?!
6166704C-76C1-4942-A26E-C232D1A25591.jpeg

Mostly these days they are all sealed units with no separately available 'glass':(

Yep new headlight I’m afraid

Thanks all... was just a shock when the dealer told me the price with “discount” 🤣🤣🤣😱😱

maybe insurance job as excess over 65% cheaper !!

Ebay is your friend, several of us on here have had success, including me, still not cheap, but a hell of a sight better than MB.

Ebay is your friend, several of us on here have had success, including me, still not cheap, but a hell of a sight better than MB.
Yeah I’ve been looking since it happened on Monday but they are still £400-500 plus then fitting by someone. Been quoted 1.5hrs by an Indy in Nottingham.

Oh ! just had a 💡moment. Prestige all parts are also in Oldham. Not as big as Dronsfields but do break a lot of Mercs.

Pity it isn't glass as they are separately available lenses on the older models. There are a few CLS models like yours being broken on Ebay at the moment so you should be able to find a lamp.

Pity it isn't glass as they are separately available lenses on the older models. There are a few CLS models like yours being broken on Ebay at the moment so you should be able to find a lamp.
Yes that’s the mission for today!! eBay !!🤣🤣🤣👍🏻👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom