passenger seat heat pads not warming up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mikebro

Car
Mercedes CLK 320
Hi All,
the passenger seat heating pads are not warming up and I was wondering if anyone had some advice as to how i may do some simple and rudimentary troubleshooting (nothing complicated please). I am a bit nervous to start pulling things to pieces, but some inital checks would be helpful.
Regards,
Mike

Ohh the car is a 05 CLK W209 - the heaters are factory fitted

Look under the seat (from the front) and make sure they are plugged in (a load of connectors plug into the seat there)

Given both are not working, its probably not a dead seat pad. Does the switch still light up ?

Its hard to test because most MB control unit that (in this case the unit with the heated seat buttons) will turn off power if it doesnt see the consumer (in this case the heated pads) connected (and log a fault for Star Diagnosis to see) - so using a multimeter to see if there is any voltage often gives duff results

R

lights on switch do work

Hi Richard,
Thanks for responding, yes the lights so work on the switch and display in 1,2, 3 lights illuminated mode.
I will check the plugs tomorrow if i get the chance.
Thanks again,
Mike.

This can be diagnosed on a Star.

The heated seats are controlled by two control units and of course they are fused.

On mine a 210 i pulled the plug and using a multimeter set to ohms measuered the seat side of the pulled plug, both pads had gone open circuit ie dead.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom