Passenger side mat doesn't have any securing studs to stop it riding up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gobsheite01

Car
Mercedes c220
Passenger side mat doesn't have any securing studs to stop it riding up
Any ideas?
fd477652a7c53f666ccb1a10f5e827bd.jpg

Sent from my GEM-702L using Tapatalk

I didn't buy the overpriced Merc offering and went to an independent mat maker and mine came with plastic holes to clip over the studs.

Buy a new car that has them fitted.

I didn't buy the overpriced Merc offering and went to an independent mat maker and mine came with plastic holes to clip over the studs.
...but only on the driver's side? (I did the same and am very happy with them.)

My passenger-side mat was riding-up... it was original MB. Bought identical new set of original MB mats and the passenger side no longer rides up. It turns out that some people have the habit of folding the passenger-side mat in half when cleaning the car :dk: .... the new mat if fairly rigid and won't ride up, and if you ensure it is treated gently when your car is getting cleaned then it will remain this way.

Go on t'net and do a search for anti slip for rugs on carpets, cheap effective cure.

Holes Are the easy bit I could fix

There Are no studs on the passenger side

My passenger-side mat was riding-up... it was original MB. Bought identical new set of original MB mats and the passenger side no longer rides up. It turns out that some people have the habit of folding the passenger-side mat in half when cleaning the car :dk: .... the new mat if fairly rigid and won't ride up, and if you ensure it is treated gently when your car is getting cleaned then it will remain this way.
None of that is true
The reason car mats have studs is to stop them riding up
it's nothing to do with a mat
it's to do with the physics!
so I'm not quite sure who told you that crap

None of that is true

:(

None of that is true

The stud is there because the friction alone between mat and carpet isn't enough to stop it moving when subjected to the forces applied by the driver's heel. Unless you have a tap-dancing passenger, it is not usually necessary on the pax side and so the manufacturers don't bother.

This friction is provided by both the flat surface contact, and by the edges of the mat locking against the shape of the footwell. Bend the mat and you compromise both as it no longer fits tightly against those surfaces, that's the aforementioned physics at work for you.

Perhaps check your own crap before berating others for theirs, although given the username that may be too much to ask :thumb:

Are they the correct mats for your car?

OEM mats should not leave a gap (there is a gap in the bottom left hand corner of your picture).

I don't have any securing studs on passenger side mats either but mine does not move at all until I lift them up and take it out for cleaning...

Another new member tries to ingratiate himself with the natives.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom