Passenger side window not working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pumas25

Car
Mercedes C220 Coupe
Hi, me again! :doh:

My passenger side window is not working (C220 Coupe!).
When i push the button i can hear a 'click' in the door, but the window doesn't move, at first i thought 'fuse' but since i'm getting the click i gather power is going to the motor.
Are these things prone to getting stuck? the window worked fine when i bought the car, but packed up a few weeks ago.
Now the auto 'up' on the drivers side doesn't work either, can do it if i hold the switch, but this is not normal either!
Could this be an easy fix? or is there again somethign sinister going on?

thanks

If you've had the battery off recently (gearbox work) then you may need to reset the travel of the windows. It's a case of pressing a switch combination when at the top and bottom of the travel.

If no one comes along with the answer then perhaps try googling your model with window reset or calibration etc

Last edited:
Good call, thanks. :thumb:
Another post on here talks about the reset process so i'll give that a go.
Thinking about it, the passenger window started acting up after i gave a buddy a jump start, so power drain from the battery seems to be a common issue.

thanks

Reset drivers side window, all works fine now:thumb:
Passenger side still not working at all, it just ignored the reset process!
And now the sunroof isn't working now either!!! :wallbash:
Neither passenger window or sunroof give me anything more than a 'click'.

The sunroof worked ok before the battery was disconnected for the gearbox work, so power drain has killed 2 of my windows now.
went through all the fuses and relays last night and all are fine:confused:

Anyone know how to get em working again?

thanks

Could just be a coincidence with the roof.

The first thing I would do is locate the manual crank handle and check that the mechanism is OK. This is in the boot on some models and overhead in the console in others. Not sure about yours but a bit of forum searching should find it. It could be a seized mechanism or broken cable.

I'm afraid that's the limit of my knowledge, others may be able to help further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom