Passenger side wing mirror Indicator problems w211

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Steve292

Car
E320 CDI saloon 2006
Hi,
I am new here, so please bear with me. I have an E320 w211 on a 55 plate
My nearside (LH )door mirror led indicator stopped working. Shortly after someone bent the mirror assembly forward, breaking the power adjuster linkage.

I have replaced the entire assembly, including the Led with new parts, not second hand and it is still not working. I have sourced and fitted a door control module,(second hand) and thats not worked either. The 30 amp fuse has been replaced in the drivers side dashboard fusebox with no joy. My Icarsoft diagnostic tool tells me that I have fault 920B wire break to component or component fault. I can read the data on the door module and it all seems ok. I have between 13.97 and 14.03 volts to the module,(both modules) measured via the Icarsoft tool, so I assume the power supply to the module is ok.

Does any one have any ideas please? I have tried swapping various components around with no joy. I can't see any earths to clean and find it difficult to believe that brand new components would repat the same faults as the old ones.

Many thanks in advance.
Steve

Most likely suspect will be a broken wire in the loom between the DCM and the mirror. Easy enough to check for continuity with a MM. I rebuilt my loom with super flexy silicone wire. Just re read the post and see you have fitted a new mirror so cant understand what's going on sorry.

Most likely suspect will be a broken wire in the loom between the DCM and the mirror. Easy enough to check for continuity with a MM. I rebuilt my loom with super flexy silicone wire. Just re read the post and see you have fitted a new mirror so cant understand what's going on sorry.
Thanks for the reply. I have tested the new mirror assembly and the LED by plugging it in to the module, but not mounted to the car- do you think it needs to be earthed to the car body?

Totally agree with Micky,
If when you park the car, the mirrors automatically fold then over the years, fatigue WILL set in on one, two or even more of the wires. I cannot remember the exact quote for a new mirror but I think it was in excess of £700.

After looking at a few Youtube clips, my nephew removed both mirrors and I lay on my bed cutting out an area where some wires were damaged and some not, but yes, I did it to every wire. I then used some special flexible wire from Maplins, stuck on a piece of heat shrink and abra-ca-dabra. A fully repaired, fully operational set of mirrors. Yes it took a few hours but I did not charge myself for the labour and I guess I used about ten pence worth of wire and maybe fifty pence for the heat shrink stuff.

I have no idea if Maplin is still in business but there must be locations where you can buy this extra flexible wire??

I have plugged the mirror assembly into the DCM on the drivers side, so the assembly is connected to the DCM via the white and black multipin connectors. As if by magic the fault replicates itself again, also the mirror will not fold although the glass adjustment works, leading me to believe the new assembly is faulty. Unless someone who knows tells me there is something made when everything is fully mounted (@Trickythemerc )I shall return or exchange the assembly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom