Passenger Wing Mirror - No Memory and a Mind of its Own

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W221copea

Car
2009 W221 S320 LWB ; 2005 XC90 D5
Here's a new one I have not read about before.

Set the passenger wing mirror and store in memory seats. (not reverse lowering)
Use car.
Stop car.
Get out
Get in
Start car
Mirror moves 100% inward (glass not actual mirror assembly) and also points 100% up!!

Reset position, store in memory - back to square one......

I am baffled! Checked electrics, disconnected, reconnected. Forced the glass to a different position......start car and boom, Im looking for overtaking aircraft once again......

Any ideas?

Sounds like an issue with the mirror position potentiometers, ground (or plus) wire making both vertical and horizontal adjustments fail. Did you check potentiometer readings at different mirror positions, preferably from the door control unit connector.

I have had this issue before on my W211. It was only resolved when the entire unit was replaced with a new one (at an unexpectedly high price).

This doesn't assist you directly, but now you're aware of more than one instance of this issue having occurred, albeit on another model.

I have had this issue before on my W211. It was only resolved when the entire unit was replaced with a new one (at an unexpectedly high price).

This doesn't assist you directly, but now you're aware of more than one instance of this issue having occurred, albeit on another model.

Which entire unit was replaced? The mirror assembly (or internal parts only), the door control unit or the switch panel or everything?

Cars booked into Indy next week for something else and he will have a look and see what can- if anything - be done.

I fear another massive bill heading my way.

So its knackered

STAR states the "potenti whatsit thingys" are allowing settings and movement to 255 in each direction, acceptable setting is 3!

Back to Ebay for a mirror to replace this one.

My clk 220 cdi avant-garde has a mirrors problem in that some time's either the left or right mirror won't fold out and most times it's OK anybody have any ideas please

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom