Passenger Wing mirror not dipping down when reverse selected

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Garry5510

Car
C250 premium plus sport edition
I have a C250 W204 and can’t get the passenger mirror to dip down when I select reverse, I’ve followed the videos on YouTube to no avail, it’s a 2014 63 plate, was this option not available on this year ??

Is the mirror movement switch positioned on the passenger sidenot the drivers side?

Well on the w221 S Mercedes if you do not have the option of front seat memory then the nearside mirror will not dip when reverse is selected.

The OP is showing in his avatar a c250 premium plus, so that should have memory seats, but yes a good shout about without memory seats one won’t have the dipping function, not sure why Mercedes do this, as on a bmw 3 series 2017 even without memory seats it has dipping mirror function.

On my S203 (2006) the dipping mirror works if the left hand selector button is in ...but the dipping mirror has a 'dipped' memory position , so if someone sets the dipping position as 'not dipped' (for whatever reason) it will not move . I would expect the OP's car to have dip function.

The OP is showing in his avatar a c250 premium plus, so that should have memory seats, but yes a good shout about without memory seats one won’t have the dipping function, not sure why Mercedes do this, as on a bmw 3 series 2017 even without memory seats it has dipping mirror function.

Nothing mentioned here?

I have the c250 sports premium plus and my mirror doesn’t dip. Thought it was just an option when you have memory seats?

Looking at my user manual I note that it is possible to change the position of the passenger side mirror from a 'preset' dipped position to one of a users preference, it is possible that the position may have been set such that it no longer 'dips', have you tried resetting the position by following the procedure in the manual?

Looking at my user manual I note that it is possible to change the position of the passenger side mirror from a 'preset' dipped position to one of a users preference, it is possible that the position may have been set such that it no longer 'dips', have you tried resetting the position by following the procedure in the manual?
Like I said in #5 , the OP 'liked' that post but has not come back to us yet 🤷‍♂️

I thought dipping door mirror could be programmed, personally I hated it and I am sure I had it programmed out, maybe wrong, so if it's not working, it maybe "turned off"

Its a convience feature in the menu which can be disabled manually + you need to have the passenger mirror selected for it to reverse.

Like I said in #5 , the OP 'liked' that post but has not come back to us yet 🤷‍♂️
Sorry guys been busy offshore, I’ve since spoke to two dealerships who confirmed that it won’t have this feature without memory seats…. Thanks for your time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom