Patagonia Special TONITE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Disappointed. Same old formula and very contrived. I cannot believe that the number plate controversy was not deliberate and I don't think I will bother with tonight's episode: would much rather watch repeats of 'The World's Most Dangerous Roads'.

I shall look forward to reading the reviews of tonight's episode. I presume that they will not be full of I don't like the format, but I will watch and complain anyway......

My favourite bit was when James May suddenly and unexpectedly lost control of his Lotus and then skilfully regained control on a bend where the camera crew just happened to be all set up ready.

Just watched it on catch-up TV , load of s**t . Same old ,same old and very unentertaining I wont be making time to watch the second part.

It was even more "staged" than previous attempts whose concept was played out at least five years ago.

Sorry TG team , time to think up some fresh ideas or call it a day.

Kenny

Tend to agree, amateurish, formulaic, predictable and boring.

1/10

P

Well it's good tho know that Clarkson carries around a set of Peugot stickers just in case of an emergency (not) also that with all their crew sweeping the roads ahead they can't spot dead ends, swamps, forests etc. I assume that they spent all their money on the cars, leaving no dosh for a £10 TomTom off ebay.

This show jumped the shark years ago when they stopped reviewing cars properly and turned it into a 20 odd episode pantomime.

IMO 5th Gear has a much better formula and knocks spots off TG as a car programme.

Much rather spend the time watching Harry's Garage on YouTube than tune in to their treks.

Shame as I like James May in his programmes outside of Top Gear.

I don't see an issue with the fact that most parts are obviuosly staged - it's a bit like theatrical scenery, it's not really meant to look real.

I do agree however that they seem to have milked this old cow to exhaustion - and that the show is in desparate need of a new direction.

I did not watch the recent episode by the way, I suspected it will much the same, as your posts seem to confirm.

I don't understand all that criticism I watch it since I was a kid and I find it rather entertaining ,good fun to watch and if you can read trough the lines there's some helpful advice there as well.
But again each of their own.

Just watched it.

Very embarrassing. A bit like watching 3 sad uncles pretending to be young.

We all know it's scripted and pre planned but Jesus, its scripted badly.

They really need to make that one their last.

Truly dreadful.

It was not their best, but I enjoyed it. The escape was clearly quite shocking.

I caught Burma earlier this week which was great. Sometimes they hit a sweet spot, but by it's very nature they are not going to do that every year.

Slightly less dull than last night. but its clearly a tired format

Crikey Clarkson carries some weight these days eh?
No-one is going to convince me that the number plate in question wasn't set up beforehand. I'm sure the moment there was a whisper about the dodgy background to the plate had reached the ears of the producer, he/she could have changed it immediately. Basically they shot themselves in the foot and were very very lucky they didn't get anyone badly hurt.
[The same nearly happened many moons ago when they drove through a southern state in the USA in a pink car advertising homosexuals???? They knew it would cause a stir and they very nearly lost it there too. When will the media tire of Clarkson and his OTT tactics. He should have been removed 10 years ago.

No-one is going to convince me that the number plate in question wasn't set up beforehand. I'm sure the moment there was a whisper about the dodgy background to the plate had reached the ears of the producer, he/she could have changed it immediately.

Well, the DVLA records show that plate being on a 928 long before the show was filmed. It is rather incredulous to believe that the TG team would be so subtle - well documented past experience proves they go for the obvious gag. If they've tweaked one plate to generate controversy, why not all 3?

Unfortunately it's far from as simple as you make out - changing the numberplate on a vehicle that is travelling through another country and has to be signed in and out is logistically problematic. If the country in question requires a carnet de passage for the vehicle, it is more or less impossible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom