Paul Evans

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marcos

MB Enthusiast
Car
C43 estate
Last week I had to go to the Kings Road, Chelsea so I took one of the company Vito's rather than my own car as taxi drivers and buses seem to give you a bit more respect.
On the way back out the clutch pedal gave way as I was sat in the outside lane on the Finchley Road. I managed to push the van out of the way and temporarily repair the pedal to get me home.
Rang the dealers and they told me they could look at it towards the end of May!!!!!! :mad:
One of the builders I deal with has a W211 and uses an independant so I thought I would give him a try. I rang him ( Paul Evans ) and explained the problem and he popped along the next day and repaired the fault in about 10mins. I asked him how much do we owe him and he said not to worry. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: We got talking and it turns out he can do any repair work, servicing, warranty works, the lot. Seemed a smashing bloke so I have given him the vans to service and I will probably be giving him the car as well. He has a fully equiped Mercedes service van and worked as a service manager for Mercedes. He has loads of diagnostic gear in the van and seems very competent. I will let you all know how he gets on with the vans ie. costs etc.

Sounds like a good honest guy. Please can you post his details.

marcos said:
Last week I had to go to the Kings Road, Chelsea so I took one of the company Vito's rather than my own car as taxi drivers and buses seem to give you a bit more respect.
On the way back out the clutch pedal gave way as I was sat in the outside lane on the Finchley Road. I managed to push the van out of the way and temporarily repair the pedal to get me home.
Rang the dealers and they told me they could look at it towards the end of May!!!!!! :mad:
One of the builders I deal with has a W211 and uses an independant so I thought I would give him a try. I rang him ( Paul Evans ) and explained the problem and he popped along the next day and repaired the fault in about 10mins. I asked him how much do we owe him and he said not to worry. :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: We got talking and it turns out he can do any repair work, servicing, warranty works, the lot. Seemed a smashing bloke so I have given him the vans to service and I will probably be giving him the car as well. He has a fully equiped Mercedes service van and worked as a service manager for Mercedes. He has loads of diagnostic gear in the van and seems very competent. I will let you all know how he gets on with the vans ie. costs etc.

I saw this guy the other day driving on the A414 near St Albans. I took the photo so I could look to see if he'd been mentioned here.

Certainly a professional looking van!

paulevans.jpg

The home number suggests he covers Harlow/Bishops Stortford.

Thats the chap. He's coming over next week to service one of the Vito's and my dad's on about letting him service his E Class.
He seems pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom