Paula Radcliffe .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Didn't she also express reservations about making public her blood test results at the time others (Mo Farah?) were pro-actively doing so?

Agreed.......she should have said nothing.

Mic

I expect she was but the better response would have been, as Mic said, to say nothing.

I'd just like to say that I have NEVER taken performance enhancing drugs, and to suggest otherwise is a slur on my good character.

Not the first time Jesse_Norman MP has used Chinese Whispers as a recent house of Commons incident reveals.
In 10 July 2012, Norman was a ringleader in the rebellion on the House of Lords reform package presented to the House of Commons. On the vote being overturned, government whips intimated to David Cameron that Norman before the debate spread a rumour to rally rebels that the Prime Minister was in reality unenthusiastic about the reforms. Immediately after the long debate, culminating in a narrow Government defeat, and with Labour's controversial rejection of the Lords election proposals on the table, David Cameron confronted Norman in the Palace of Westminster and told him that his conduct was "not honourable".
These old Etonians eh--- what are they like?:rolleyes:

ps While other countries laud their sporting heroes we apparently can't wait to destroy ours? Her retiscence is understandable when faced with the lynch mob mentality of the British press whose morality can be judged by the recent re-appointment by Rupert of his favourite squeeze Rebekah Mary Brooks who while running the News of the World " had no idea what was going on at the paper " during the phone tapping era. :rolleyes:

Cheating at top level competition, cheats yourself, if I'd cheated when I won the National champs it would always be in the back of my mind and would take away the satisfaction of the achievement. Just not worth it, but I suppose it depends on one's outlook, it may not bother some, Lance Armstrong for example, but it would have certainly bothered me if I'd done it.

I would also like to confirm as the Captain, and sometimes top goal scorer, of Wandyke FC over a number of seasons during the early '70's that I only ever drank beer before playing.

I also have to admit that our extremely fast and fit Centre Foward was known for smoking "stuff" before , during and after matches. Neither of us ever refused blood tests as far as I can recall. ;-)

I would also like to confirm as the Captain, and sometimes top goal scorer, of Wandyke FC over a number of seasons during the early '70's that I only ever drank beer before playing.

I also have to admit that our extremely fast and fit Centre Foward was known for smoking "stuff" before , during and after matches. Neither of us ever refused blood tests as far as I can recall. ;-)

WHAT?!?! You're not THE Mike Walker (top goal scorer for Wandyke FC) are you?

Hi,
I am sure in her TV interview she said something like "I never took performance enhancing drugs whilst I was competing"
Could these be weasely words? - what about the time between competitions?
Cheers
Steve

Hi,
I am sure in her TV interview she said something like "I never took performance enhancing drugs whilst I was competing"
Could these be weasely words? - what about the time between competitions?
Cheers
Steve

It's very difficult to say anything without a conspiracy theorist seeing what is...not there.

Mmmm. Who to believe. A bunch of weasel word sycophantic publicity hounds, a bunch of hacks who portray themselves as bastions of good whilst intruding on and belittling everyone and anything in the name of 'a story' OR a person fighting for their honour in the face of blackmail and lynch mob criticism?

Taking into account the fact that the Sunday Times told her that if she did not release all the results of her bloodworm, they would print her refusal. Not only is that blackmail (in a non-legal sense) it is underhanded and a snide.
I heard her explanation of the elevated levels being indicative of altitude training that are nowhere near the level dopers reach and I for one would rather turn to, I don't know, a QUALIFIED medical practitioner or scientist for an opinion.

She is being damned for speaking out and would have been damned if she hadn't spoken out. That is no position to be in and my sympathy goes out to her and a pox on the ST and the expense jockeys (credit: Patagonian) for their actions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom