Paying for WIS (Vacuum pipe)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

monkeyboy

Car
W204 C220 Cdi
Hi All,

I recently had some work done at a local garage on my W204 220Cdi (they changed the EGR Cooler and stop some blows from it) however i now have a pipe left off which they said they thought vented to atmosphere..

The pipe is sucking rather than blowing. Long and short is, I think i'm going to need to see the vacuum diagram as I can't work out where it goes...

Does the forum provide access for members who pay, or does anyone know how I can find the diagram?

TIA

If it's sucking then I would say it's the crankcase ventilation pipe, sucks unwanted gases from the crankcase and really should be connected. There should be somewhere it plugs into on the side of the engine block.

Cheers for the reply mate. I'm not sure there's enough on the pipe to actually get it to the block, and following it round it seems to go to the Maf?

I'm going to try and get a picture on the forum, bear with me...

Graeme, that's helped massively.

I'm pretty sure I'm looking at part 15 in that diagram. Hopefully I'll find where it goes now (it says a filter)

As explained here on a different but simpler system the vacuum transducer appears to blend vacuum and atmospheric pressure for proportional vacuum control via a PWM [pulse width modulation] electrical signal from the ECU. This would indicate 15 is indeed a small inlet filter- it may also function as a fixed impedance to flow/ balance for the vaccum transducers to function correctly. http://www.mercedes.gen.in/Downloads/Sprinter Turbo Vacuum Valve.pdf

its best replaced if its missing but should not be too expensive?

part no is possibly A000 078 0956 but check against chassis number

Last edited:
You sir, are a wealth of knowledge!

At least it's put my mind at ease as to where it goes.

Now all I have to do, is find out why the rev counter appears to be pulsing ever so slightly, I was convinced that vacumm pipe was the cause! Haha.

Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom