Payment to receive images from an ebay advert!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder how many will take up his kind offer? Not the best feedback either!:fail

What a terrible advert and as for the fiver for the pictures, hilarious.

I love the colour of that interior but, man, that steering wheel's a minger.

£5 for pics on a trade sale without warranty!

Apart from the idiotic £5 for image nonsense, what part of the following would not induce an FO&D response?

"Car has been taken in part exchange and is for sale WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY"

"YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY TO COME AND TEST THE CAR BEFORE YOU PLACE THE BID,IF YOU DON'T COME BEFORE AUCTION END PLEASE DON'T BLAME US LATER WHEN YOU FIND ANY FAULTS OR NOT AS DESCRIBED WHEN YOU COLLECT VEHICLE"

"In order to comply with sale of goods act 1979 ,any vehicle sold on this listing, is not fit for any purpose other than for spares or repair, and all cars sold by us including this one, are invoiced as such"

The whole ad is total nonsense , but as others have said I am sure someone will part with a fiver to look at the 100 snaps

Taking orders for 100 pics of my SLS for £4.00.......dont all rush

'...before auction end you can come to us and test the car as long you need,valid car insurance is required...'

Test drive? I don't really see how you can legally drive this car off the forecourt (unless you come equipped with dealer plates). No insurance, no tax, no MoT....

Last edited:
He probably has trade plates.

As for the disclaimer to try to evade a dealer's normal obligations, I can see why that might be a good idea on a car which could easily cost more than it's worth to repair if something did go wrong. It will sell for much less than a pukka dealer would ask, I suspect to somebody who knows a fair bit about cars and is willing to take a chance. Just like my E55 estate, in fact; I knew the seller was a small-time trader masquerading as a private seller, he admitted as much, I did my research into the W210, and I ended up with a bargain. I'd buy from him on those terms if the price was right and I wanted the car, though I'd take my long spoon with me....

I don't think he seriously expects people to pay for the pictures; he's just trying to ward off (some of) the dreamers, no-hopers, test-pilots and general timewasters that plague the used car market, I dare say.

He probably has trade plates....

Then why ask the buyer to bring his own insurance? Either the buyer drives the car on the seller's dealer plates, or the buyer drives uninsured... you can't get insurance for this car.

I agree about the ad not beind unreasonable though, in terms of the T&C - the seller is explaining up front that there's no guarantee whatsoever, and the low price reflects this

He might be trying to put off the tyre kickers....it takes a lot of messing about emailing 100 pictures to so called interested buyers.

Is this not that AMGtech chap,Viktor or something

He might be trying to put off the tyre kickers....it takes a lot of messing about emailing 100 pictures to so called interested buyers.

My thoughts too, too many messers on e-bay this filters the usual idiots that punt around on there.

Cars is a bit messy, there's about £2000 in body work windscreen lights chrome etc etc without having a closer look :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom