Paypal advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
I ordered my recaro's from german ebay... the seller wanted paying by bank transfer but I insisted on paypal as ive been stung a few times now.
I paid extra to cover their fees.

Anyway, its soon coming to the 45 day dispute limit and still dont have my seats..
The seller is communicative and says she is still stitching my custom leather - fair enough..

But im worried that If there are any problems, I wont have any comeback.

Should I just open a paypal case now? I just dont want to aggrevate the seller.. Its difficult enought trying to communicate in German using a translator!

yes i'd open a dispute as after so many days (45 or 60ish??) you cant.

you can open a dispute and kindly ask whats going on, explaining to the seller why you are doing so via email. then upgrade it to a claim if need be.

otherwise you may well loose the money..... i wouldnt risk it... some people are just out to rip you off.... see my other "dishonest" thread

Last edited:
If your funding source was credit card you can still chargeback directly via the credit card company.

Jay

Tell your seller in writing that you are concerned and will have to open a PayPal dispute to cover yourself. If they have an issue with that, that is tough.

I have been caught out being considerate for others and not wishing to offend, only to lose out when PayPal pushes back on its rules.

I just had a set of wheels delivered with two wheels missing. After three weeks of no wheels I had to open a dispute. Seller was pretty mad but issued an immediate refund and told me to keep the three wheels. He said he could not afford a dispute with PayPal.

Best to open the dispute

Hi IHMO

I would ask the company to give a definitive deadline on the work being completed and If that falls outside the the 45 days then I personally would open a case. Was there a time line to the completion and delivery of the seats discussed when you ordered and paid for the seats ?.

I would explain your position which is not at all unreasonable in the circumstances explained.

Regards

I doubt they'll do something like that Jay,they look highly profesional
I understand your concern though

Im not concerned really but its a lot of cash involved and I dont want to lose out!

However the paypal payment was with a credit card for extra protection..

I'd not worry at all, the credit card will give you plenty of cover. Paypal don't defend chargebacks so it's a pretty good insurance policy should the order go awry.

Open the dispute, rules are rules) but I would just to be on the safe side and add a note in the dispute that the seller has kept you in the loop but 45 days and its still not dispatched? Hmmm..

If they are that professional,then they will have no problem in answering your questions.

Put your position to them and if not satisfied, take action, you must be concerned to pose the question , do not aqueous :)

Regards.

Great news - from my experience at least PayPal do sh.. all if you've been swindled (I won't go into my famous rant on eBay fees, PayPal taking money at leisure from your bank account, switching you to a Premium account without your permission etc.)

What car are/have the seats been fitted to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom