PayPal and email address...how?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PXW

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Tesla Model 3 AWD Performance; MG ZS EV
OK - first things first - I don't have a PayPal account. However, often online retailers use Paypal as their payment provider. No problem - I go through the site, put in my credit card details, address and email (usually for the benefit of the vendor) and all is well.

A little while back, I used my card to pay for some bike parts for PXW Junior, and I used his email address for the correspondence contact. Since then, whenever I use that card for Paypal, they send their receipt to his email address regardless of what I enter in the online forms.

Anyone know how I stop this? Given that I don't have and don't want a Paypal account....there appears to be no way of contacting them. And they must have stored this email address along with my CC details, or they couldn't link it for a subsequent purchase - are they allowed to do that??? What happens if I change email addresses??

Any collective wisdom appreciated:thumb:

Last edited:
Just sign up, change it in the control panel and don't use it.

They are really not that bad an organisation, but do get a little tied up if you fall out of their normal processes.

As above.

Sign up - Costs nothing. This will give you direct contact with PayPal Support who can help with your original issue.

When resolved you can just bin your account or elect not to use it.

Paypal contact details:
https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_help&t=escalateTab

For customers: 0845 4011 050
For non-customers: 0800 358 7911
If you are calling from outside the United Kingdom, use the following phone number: 00353 1 436 9004 (international call charges may apply). Freephone from a UK landline. However, costs from mobile may apply and are dependent on the terms of agreement with your network operator.

8:00 am – 10:00 pm Monday through Friday
8:00 am – 9:00 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 9:00 pm Sunday
For Claims or limitations, hours of service are: 8:00 am – 8:30 pm Monday through Friday; 8:00 am – 6:30 pm Saturday; 9:00 am – 6:30 pm Sunday

Call them and ask for your personal details to be removed from their system as you do not want to use their services, and that you do not grant them permission to process your data.

Voila.

I do have a PayPal account, I but refused to have it verified/authorised/regulated or whatever, as my only Bank Account is a joint one, and my PayPal acct is nothing to do with the joint a/c holder (it doesn't REALLY matter, as it's Mrs Baxlin, but it was the principle....).

So the PayPal account is just linked to the credit card I use for online purchases, (one with a deliberately low credit limit) and works perfectly, and is dead easy to use.

I wouldn't want anything to do with them either and , I suppose , would be inclined to just close the credit card account in question and take out another one .

Thanks all - useful. I will try their customer services contacts but if that fails I will probably take Derek's advice; there's just something about the organisation I don't like.

I used to have an account, years ago, but I happened to have a bit of spare time one day when try sent revised Ts and Cs through, and sadly I read them. Then closed the account...!

I verified my paypal using a 3V visa voucher. You get issued a new 'card' number when you buy a top up. When the credit is gone so is the number. But they still verified me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom