Paypal Issue - what to do?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crammy69

Car
2001 W210 E55 AMG,2010 Fiat 500 1.2,2002 Triumph America,LML Star 125 DLX,1984 C70,2011 Thruxton
I ordered a fleece blanket thing from Ebay on 9th December, it hadnt come by the 22nd of December. I then get a mail from Ebay saying that there was suspicious activity on the sellers account and the account was closed!. So I raised a dispute with paypal, as you would. The next day, the item arrived!, but it was the wrong colour, so I amended my dispute to state it had now arrived but was the wrong colour. At this stage the sellers account is closed on Ebay and so I cannot contact them via Ebay. Anyway I get a mail from paypal a week or so later, and they have credited me back the full amount (£12.95).

So in theory I should be happy, but I feel its not right for me to get a full refund, but given I have no way on contacting the seller - and I can only assume that they didnt respond to Paypals mails - paypal surely have a mail for the seller.

Id rather get a correct article and then resend the incorrect one back, and re-pay the £12.95 less postage, but there is no way to communicate this. Also I feel bad that if the sellers account had been closed in error by Ebay / hijacked, that they've lost out and could potentially think Ive taken the opportunity to turn them over!

What do you think?

Paypal will hold an email address for him.

Request contact details from e bay or paypal.
Return address on the parcel?

Lynall

I ordered a fleece blanket thing from Ebay on 9th December, it hadnt come by the 22nd of December. I then get a mail from Ebay saying that there was suspicious activity on the sellers account and the account was closed!. So I raised a dispute with paypal, as you would. The next day, the item arrived!, but it was the wrong colour, so I amended my dispute to state it had now arrived but was the wrong colour. At this stage the sellers account is closed on Ebay and so I cannot contact them via Ebay. Anyway I get a mail from paypal a week or so later, and they have credited me back the full amount (£12.95).

So in theory I should be happy, but I feel its not right for me to get a full refund, but given I have no way on contacting the seller - and I can only assume that they didnt respond to Paypals mails - paypal surely have a mail for the seller.

Id rather get a correct article and then resend the incorrect one back, and re-pay the £12.95 less postage, but there is no way to communicate this. Also I feel bad that if the sellers account had been closed in error by Ebay / hijacked, that they've lost out and could potentially think Ive taken the opportunity to turn them over!

What do you think?

Another crap thing about paypal/ebay. Closed my account just before xmas. Had enough of their "scam emails"... It happend to me as well ! Sent the item back next day ...

Decision is all yours now ... get his/her email from paypal sh*t customer services and then try to contact the seller( im sure that account has been hacked ) .

A friend of mine who works for BBA told that EU will try got some sort of "law" for Ebay/paypal as they had so many complaints... will they do something about it ?! .... i wish

I'm not sure if it'll still work if the seller is no longer registered but I'd start here - eBay Search: Advanced Search

If that is unsuccessful look in your paypal account for the email you sent the payment to & try contacting them through it. Might be worth googling the email addy first to see if it comes up with any horror stories.

If that doesn't work I'd wait for the seller to contact you.

If you want to speak to paypal in London use this site to find a geographic landline number - you may be on hold a while. SAYNOTO0870.COM - Non-Geographical Alternative Telephone Numbers

Simon, if the sellers account was hijacked it will be reinstated at some point in the near future.

It happened to me a couple of years ago, my account was hijacked, ebay noticed some strange activity, closed my account, reimbursed buyers who had been conned and then reinstaed my account.

I would give it a week or two and see what happens. You have done all you possibly can so I wouldn't worry too much.

Request contact details from e bay or paypal.
Return address on the parcel?

Lynall

I thought it was a requirement to always have a return address on stuff that was bought and then sent via ebay?

I think that's a common sense requirement on any mail.

It's not an ebay rule.

Thanks for all the advice gents, Im afraid I threw away the packing it came with and then wrapped it up ( it was one of my wifes xmas presents) so didnt see it was wrong colour initially (it was in a box).

Ill just wait till they contatct me, if they do, to sort it out.

Cheers

Thanks for all the advice gents, Im afraid I threw away the packing it came with and then wrapped it up ( it was one of my wifes xmas presents) so didnt see it was wrong colour initially (it was in a box).

Ill just wait till they contatct me, if they do, to sort it out.

Cheers

There is a moral to be learnt from that :thumb:

Hope you manage to get it sorted soon

.........on a Paypal related question..
I`ve used Paypal for quite a few years now, and have always had a hundred or so pounds in my account from stuff i`ve sold to buy my bits`n`bobs from Ebay.
Now however, my balance has dropped to an all-time low of less than a quid and will probably not get any higher..
Seeing as i`ve never bought anything when my Paypal balance has been so low/non existant i assume any purchases will come straight out of my bank account that is linked to my Paypal account, but are there any extra charges incured when doing transactions this way [rather than a debit from my Paypal account]?

Just to add to that esox, it's been explained here convincingly in other threads that linking your bank account to Paypal isn't a great idea. So much so that it spurred me to only link to a credit card.

the only downside to that is you cant transfer incoming funds to a bank account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom