PayPal Payment Pending

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Just got back from Folks (xmas break) and this was in my inbox:

You Have a Payment Pending.

Dear Karl Edwards,

This email confirms that Matthew xxxxxxx has sent £125.00 GBP to your Personal account.

To accept or refuse this payment, log in to the PayPal website and click the Accept or Refuse button next to this transaction.

Hi. This is payment for the 106 parts for Lee Wright.

Now, dont get me wrong Id love £125 for the 106 parts* but is this some kind of scam (im new to PayPal)???

*No, I dont sell any 106 parts

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck... then it's a duck

Take a good look at the email (use view headers and view source) and you'll probably see that it was not sent by PayPal and that the link to log in to PayPal is a cleverly-obfuscated con

It's a scam

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

KillerHERTZ said:
Just got back from Folks (xmas break) and this was in my inbox:

You Have a Payment Pending.

Dear Karl Edwards,

This email confirms that Matthew xxxxxxx has sent £125.00 GBP to your Personal account.

To accept or refuse this payment, log in to the PayPal website and click the Accept or Refuse button next to this transaction.

Hi. This is payment for the 106 parts for Lee Wright.

Now, dont get me wrong Id love £125 for the 106 parts* but is this some kind of scam (im new to PayPal)???

*No, I dont sell any 106 parts

Sounds like a PHISHING trip!!!!! DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS or RESPOND IN ANY WAY UNLESS IT IS DEFINATELY YOUR TRANSACTION

If it is not your sale, then report it to [email protected] and/or [email protected]

If you have real transactions, then you can always validate these by logging in to your account (always type it in the address bar - NEVER access a link) and checking the transactions shown - pending ones will also show. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think the most important thing to say is DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.

If you want open a new Internet and log onto Paypal

DO NOT CLICK ON THE LINK.

Good luck,
John

log into your paypal account directly and you will see if there is any message etc referring to this - I can guarantee there will NOT be.

Its an old scam - I remember receiving a few a couple of years ago.

Its all about them wanting the recipient to click on a link in the email.

you can have a payment waiting for you to accept it but always always log into your payapl account direct from your ...MY EBAY PAGE.... some people have a limit to the amount they can accept into there pay pal account...you may have the basic account which limts what you can receive or send .........if so a simple upgrade to premier account gets round this .....but always be aware of scammers

Sometimes I click on the links on the Phishing mails, just to see what addy they come up with.
If they ask for login and password I send them a couple of choice messages.

Rest assured they will never have had passwords like the ones I send, they are usually very foul and direct.:D

Dieselman said:

Rest assured they will never have had passwords like the ones I send, they are usually very foul and direct.:D

Tut Tut mate.:eek:

Don't forget these scammers are only trying to make a Dishonest buck, and you are abusing them, terrible, terrible.:D :D

Dieselman said:
Sometimes I click on the links on the Phishing mails, just to see what addy they come up with.

Is it safe to click on the link they provide?
Sometimes i would like to provide a username and password to the effect that they "go away and multiply" like DM does......
Obviously,i would not provide genuine details.

esox said:
Is it safe to click on the link they provide?
Sometimes i would like to provide a username and password to the effect that they "go away and multiply" like DM does......
Obviously,i would not provide genuine details.

You can but if they are well organised and your home network is poorly protected they will know exactly where to find the PC you are typing this rudery from (your IP address) :crazy:

masqueraid said:
You can but if they are well organised and your home network is poorly protected they will know exactly where to find the PC you are typing this rudery from (your IP address) :crazy:

Just my IP address?So they could send me nasty emails?Or zillons of spam?

I have a wireless router which when a probe/attack test is carried out i get this:
"The IP address requesting this page is different from the IP address of your computer. This indicates that your computer is behind a proxy or NAT. These devices allow you to access the Internet by relaying traffic, typically from multiple computers, through a single IP address."

Is this safe enough?

BTW,is it ever possible to obtain a postal address from a email or IP address?

A sure fire way to tell, is if you hover your mouse over the link (but don't click it), the address of the link will appear in the grey area right at the bottom left of your web browser. If genunie it will say www.paypal.com, in this case, It's more likely to say www.wearegoingtonickallofyourcashandpersonalinfo.com or such like.

Regards

Rich

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom