PayPal query.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
A bit of help requested from thise familiar with the world of PayPal please.

On 18th March 2012 I bought a new humididty controlled extractor fan for my bathroom from an online retailer.

Fan paid for via PayPal - retailers choice - and I pay PayPal with a registered mastercard.

Fan worked fine until about 3 weeks ago when I noticed that it did not cut in as ususal. About 10 days ago I tried adjusting the humidity setting and found that the fan wasn't working at all.

Tried to contact the retailer several times but no reply.
Looked at their website - closed for "maintenance" and has been for the last 10 days

Seems retailer has gone t*ts up.

Retailer acted as a middle man, as the fan was actually delivered by Electric Centre and is one of their "own brand" items.

So I don't know who the actual manufacturer is to ask them for a replacement. I could try Electric Centre, but as I'm not their customer I don't think I will get very far.

So my question: is there a way to get the money back for the fan from PayPal?

Have you tried asking PayPal?

If you paid by credit card contact your card issuer.

Have you tried asking PayPal?

If you paid by credit card contact your card issuer.

Haven't asked PayPal yet - thought I would take advice here first as I know there are some experienced PayPal users here.

The item was only between £20 - £25, so technically not covered by credit card, although I have used this route in the past for items under £100

Contact Paypal. Although Paypal may well debit your credit card a/c ( or your bank a/c depending upon how you've set it up ), you have no legal redress via your credit card issuer as they did not make actual payment to the supplier.

Ask Paypal to apply a charge back, you might just be lucky.

The item was only between £20 - £25, so technically not covered by credit card, although I have used this route in the past for items under £100

I've made a recovery for a £4 parking charge, so £20 should be no problem.

Issue solved (I hope)
Contacted supplying branch of Electric Centre and asked if they had info on supplier. They said supplier was still trading but currently reorganising website (doesn't explain why he didn't reply to e-mails or return calls).
They looked up the transaction and said that they would arrange for a replacement to be delivered & the faulty one collected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom