Paypal question?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG1

Car
Anything Mercedes
Are there any experts on paypal here?

To cut the story short I am about to buy a car from Scotland, I have not seen the car as the seller doesn't have the time apparently and I am in London so distance is another problem. The seller is asking payment via paypal and has agreed to deliver the car to me at no cost and if the car is not as described or I find any rust then I can return the car for a full refund and the seller will arrange the car to be picked up from me at no cost.

My questions are if for example the car never gets to me will my money be guaranteed and refunded by paypal if worst comes to worst?

Also, if the conditions of return are stated in the deal/invoice on paypal will the seller have to honour it?

Any help, opinions and answers would be greatly appreciated! This is not a few hundred and obviously I am worried but the car seems to be a good buy.

Thanks

Err - Don't do it!

He does not have the time to show the car, but does to drive it to you....

I have alarm bells going all over.

Edit

If it's too good to be true....
If it's a good buy why is he willing to drive it to London for free....

Can you not just fly up to Scotland and drive it back, all easy to do in a day unles you are buying a classic car ??

The seller has said they will be getting Shiply to deliver as they don't have time for me to view it or deliver in person. I have done a HPI and all seems ok although I was told there were 5 previous owners and according to the HPI there are 8.

It does seem a little bit too good to be true!

The car is a 1987 500SL.

The bells, the bells are really affecting my tinnitus.

Thanks you've all just confirmed my initial thoughts. The car is a very very keen price! If it's too good to be true it probably is.

I've also just read on Paypal that the purchase of any vehicle is not covered so I'm not willing to risk thousands without even seeing the car!

I will tell the seller I want to view the vehicle if they want me to purchase it!

Can you please just Paypal the money to me? At least I'll say thanks!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/h...le/?solutionId=1203190&topicID=48600020&m=SRE

What items are not covered under Buyer Protection?

There are some transactions that we do not cover including but not limited to payments for:

• services
  • real estate
  • businesses
  • vehicles
  • custom made items
  • airline flight tickets
  • eBay classified advertisements
  • licenses
  • and most intangible items.

I'd be asking for Forum Members nearby to go check it out - or at least recommend a local mechanic who could give it the 'once over'........as the old saying goes; "If a deal sounds too good to be true...it generally is."

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Can you please just Paypal the money to me? At least I'll say thanks!

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/h...le/?solutionId=1203190&topicID=48600020&m=SRE

What items are not covered under Buyer Protection?

There are some transactions that we do not cover including but not limited to payments for:

• services
  • real estate
  • businesses
  • vehicles
  • custom made items
  • airline flight tickets
  • eBay classified advertisements
  • licenses
  • and most intangible items.

Yep, I've just read that page a few minutes ago!

I will be telling the seller I am more than happy to travel and view the car and take it away there and then via cash/bankers draft/bank transfer.

I'm not risking my hard earn money on a scam!

I'm in Scotland. Borders. Got all next week off work. Happy to help if that's any use?

Thank you very much for your generous offer! If the seller gets back to me regarding viewing I'll be sure to take you up on your offer :D

Complete Scam.

Ask him to bring it down and you have full cash ready. If he does not show up then you are not losing out.

Run Forest, run.

Scammier than a scammy thing with scams on it.

Is it this one?

1987 Mercedes-Benz 500SL Convertible With Hardtop 5.0 Petrol | eBay

There's another of similar but slightly better spec for the same money closer to you

1987 Mercedes SL500 - R107 - Pristine Condition - FSH - Hard/Soft Top | eBay

Look at the pic of the engine bay on the second one which tells me it's been looked after!

Personally, I wouldn't buy one of these without pouring all over it - preferably by someone who knows what to looks for. It's easy to hide rust with a quick blow over, much harder to actually get rid of it.

^ All of wot he said ^.

Never buy one of these without detailed examination.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom