Paypal question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_cyp

MB Enthusiast
Car
Thinking of what to get next
Have sold my first item on ebay this week and my question is how do i know if they've paid ???

Buyer has emailed me that he has paid and ive logged on to paypals web site and i cant see anywere it saying that someone has made a payment although i might be looking in the wrong place.

Since what i have sold is a few hundred of her majestys finest i dont want to send it without proof of payment.

Thanks

paypal send a email to say you have a payment also when you log on to paypal it will show the payment then check the buyer has a confirmed uk address if not p-pal wont cover youre loss check the buyers feedback & never post anything worth more than £30 unless its sp-delivery as it covers you up to £500

paypal send a email to say you have a payment also when you log on to paypal it will show the payment then check the buyer has a confirmed uk address if not p-pal wont cover youre loss check the buyers feedback & never post anything worth more than £30 unless its sp-delivery as it covers you up to £500

So i take it he hasnt paid although he says he has ??

Also he has given me an address in Italy

Attachments

• paypal.jpg
    paypal.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 119
Yes, he has not paid yet.

Unless its an E-Cheque - these take sometime to clear.

See the transaction history below...If there is no history of his payment he has not paid.

He could be a scammer or possibly did you enter the correct PayPal email address when you listed the item?

Thanks.

Yes, he has not paid yet.

Unless its an E-Cheque - these take sometime to clear.

See the transaction history below...If there is no history of his payment he has not paid.

He could be a scammer or possibly did you enter the correct PayPal email address when you listed the item?

Thanks.

Both say the same in both emails i have registered with paypal,
no payment history

Now this, but still not showing any payment recieved in both my paypal registered email addresses. ????????:mad:

Attachments

• PAYPAL2.jpg
    PAYPAL2.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 120
I have never seen that in my life, and if you clicked to get into this link via an email, please do not put any personal details as it maybe a scammer site.

If you have not recieved anything to your registered PayPal account then ignore any external links asking for login etc.

What are the details of the buyer? Do they have any legitimate feedback? Where is thier account registered?

Sounds very dodgy to me!

Looks very dodgy... but... check one thing, log into eBay and check what address you used to register with them. If I'm not mistaken, the payment is sent to that address...

M.

Italy rings as many alarm bells as Nigeria!!
If you log into the poage they have sent you they will have your paypal details and believe me they will use them !

Never log into an email screen - only into the paypal site direct from a new browser page

That stinks of a scam

a scammer will target sellers with no selling exp to take advantage

I have been selling on ebay using paypal for years and it has always been the same (They notify you off payments received) so what ever you do don't send the item until that happens,I also don't like the Italy thing I only sell to the UK and never had a problem.

If you want to list the item number we may be able to dig around the gys previous ebay deals and see what his history is.

If you want to list the item number we may be able to dig around the gys previous ebay deals and see what his history is.

Im getting the paypal message not from an external link but from my ebay page see pic below, im getting a bit peed of tbo, didnt think it was this hard selling a product on ebay.
Item number is 290261385315

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP.

Attachments

• ebay2.jpg
    ebay2.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 68
I take it all back - he looks like a very sound buyer!
Excellent feedback buying Mercedes audio equipment

For once I wouldnt worry too much about an Italian buyer :D

It may not be on your Paypal balance if Paypal have remitted straight through to your credit card account. Check your credit card account balance to see if its appeared there (thus your Paypal balance will be zero). But It should nevertheless be on your Paypal account history.

first thing i woudl check is what email address has he sent the paypal payment to.

this may be your fault - ie spelling mistake in the listing, or his - just sending it to the wrong address.

this is important to check ASAP as if he has sent it and someone else has got the payment......

check what PAYPAL email you have registered on ebay and what one you used in the listing. Hopefully if it is wrong, you can just register this email (ie if its a gmail or hotmail etc) if its available and then just link it to paypal. your payment will then appear unclaimed. all you need to do is claim it.

it wont be an echeck - this will show up on your payment history and state a day it clears. if nothing is in the history then it means its eitehr not paid at all or gone to the wrong email. if ebay site says its paid, but its not in your paypal account then it means you have entered the wrong paypal email address into your listing.

If you only have a 'personal' paypal account, you can only make payments, not receive them. You'll have to upgrade to a 'premier' account to receive paypal payments. :)

If you only have a 'personal' paypal account, you can only make payments, not receive them. You'll have to upgrade to a 'premier' account to receive paypal payments. :)

Nope - you can definitely receive payments on a personal account.

From memory there is a restriction though on the number of times per year you can get money out of PayPal (e.g. transfer into a bank account), which doesn't apply on premier accounts.

Small amounts I just leave in PayPal and they get used next time I buy something.

If this is your first transaction and it's reasonably sizable, Pay pal reserve the right to hold on to your money indefinitely until they've assured themselves it's clean "under money laundering categories of it's agreement".

If you're unsure, phone them and speak to them. Assume nothing, Paypal are not a Bank as you and I understand Banks, they are not accountable as banks and can pretty much do what they like with your money under the terms of it's agreement.

Make sure the money is there before the goods leave, make sure you can withdraw the money before the goods leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom