pc acting wierd need a bit of help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sonny Burnett

MB Enthusiast
Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
Hi

I Cant loginto my Steam/Zune/Windows Live Email but internet is fine everything works untill i have to log into something for instance i can turn steam on but cant see the store and same for MSN messenger. i ahte these wierd problems. can anyone help me thanks

My Zune is playing up too, yesterday I couldn't do anything with it and found that for some reason my internet settings had changed and a box to run via a proxy was ticked?! unticked & all was fine, Zune pass seems to be playing up a bit tonight but I've just used some credits fine.

Kate

My Zune is playing up too, yesterday I couldn't do anything with it and found that for some reason my internet settings had changed and a box to run via a proxy was ticked?! unticked & all was fine, Zune pass seems to be playing up a bit tonight but I've just used some credits fine.

Kate

where is this tick box located.. my email is also effected...

thanks

Under tools in IE, not 100% where though cos I use firefox.
There it's tools, options then advanced and network tabs.

Hope that helps!

Kate

Oh other thing that I found was time settings could be wrong.

Kate

il try all these things.. while trying to sync the time it timed out lol...

none of the above worked... i also cant upload a image to say imageshack.. its like anything that has to come in or out gets blocked i have also turned off all my firewalls and i get the same.... can anyone help me out here

Microsoft are in the process of updating their Windows Live authentication and backend servers - I know this because we use their Live@Edu service for the students at work, so have had to update some things our end to keep this working.

Doesn't explain the Steam funny though, but would explain Zune / Windows Live.

also wouldent expalin why i cant uplaod anything to the net??? im seriously gettin ****** at it now

also wouldent expalin why i cant uplaod anything to the net??? im seriously gettin ****** at it now

couple of things:
1. what software do you use to upload?
2. can you go to dos and type tracert <your domainname> and check it can find it?
3. can you go to dos and type ftp <your domainname> and check this connects without any error messages?

Can you get your mail via the internet as opposed to outlook?
That will prove if its your ISP or your PC

could also try a maleware / spyware clean, d/l these free products and run each : malewarebytes, spybot S&D, superantispyware

couple of things:
1. what software do you use to upload?
2. can you go to dos and type tracert <your domainname> and check it can find it?
3. can you go to dos and type ftp <your domainname> and check this connects without any error messages?

i cand do FTP it times out
tracert found it on the 6th but imes out on 2 and 3 al the other pcs in my house work fine btw

Can you get your mail via the internet as opposed to outlook?
That will prove if its your ISP or your PC

could also try a maleware / spyware clean, d/l these free products and run each : malewarebytes, spybot S&D, superantispyware

thanks for this i have maleware and super but not s&D il try it

just tried S&D

i can download the installer fine but when i run it it comes back cant find server and then quits.. it like i havesoem thing blocking all outgoing and incoming traffic.. im really stuck here

i cand do FTP it times out
tracert found it on the 6th but imes out on 2 and 3 al the other pcs in my house work fine btw

thanks for this i have maleware and super but not s&D il try it

just tried S&D

i can download the installer fine but when i run it it comes back cant find server and then quits.. it like i havesoem thing blocking all outgoing and incoming traffic.. im really stuck here

any firewall software on the PC? are you using antispyware? sorry just read you have.. which one is it? oh and which version?

try booting into safe mode (F8) during power up, then try updateing / running the anti-spyware programs

also if you have norton internet security on, the firewall maybe corrupted, d/l Norton Removal Tool - this will remove it then you can re-install after cleanup

onyl firewall i use in the Windows one but i ahve turned it off but still no luck..

just a hunch...do you use the same password for Steam/Zune/Windows Live Email?

just a hunch...do you use the same password for Steam/Zune/Windows Live Email?

no.. i cant even use a web based picture upload site. i cant even put a avater on here at mb club.. cant do anything but surf the net???

did your try the safe mode with networking and then update and run all spyware/maleware scans

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom