pc automatic backup

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
just tried the trial 30 day version of ALTARO BACKUP FS and i must say its awsome,very easy to use ,make real file backup not encrypted ,very simular to apple system which is the best out there.ive tried about 15 programmes all crap but this is great.the only drawback is the cost of £80,so waiting to see if i get offered it at a discount after 30 days which sometimes happens.
give it a try very very good

Surprisingly Windows 7 built in backup works really well. I backed up my PC, replaced system drive (going from 250gb to 2tb), restored everything all took about 30 mins or so without any issues.

I run windows 7, I have a second internal hdd which I use for a mirror image of the main hdd. I wipe it and reghost it about every 2 weeks. Have never had a main hdd failure yet, [ touch wood ] so have never had to use it.

As has already been said, Windows backup is excellent, flexible and works unobtrusively.

Acronis is an alternative, has the added flexibility of a very wide range of disk format support, and will restore to different systems.

The important part is to keep checking the backups actually run properly, and the backups are readable and stored safely!

The important part is to keep checking the backups actually run properly, and the backups are readable and stored safely!

Absolutely. I can't believe how many people only "think" they have backups without ever trying a mock disaster recovery.

Personally my favourite is Syncback PRO

I will try it. Thanks! I have used several backup programs for years, and I recommend Handy Backup 7, it's a good software for automatic pc backup.

Sorry to rekindle an old thread, but having problems with windows 7 backup [which may be because I am trying to do something it is incapable of]. I am running W7 ultimate.

I have a 1TB NTFS drive attached by USB to my router which serves as a network resource for everyone in the house for iTunes, photos etc. It appears as a network location as \\readyshare\.. and I am trying to create a backup location on it that the PC will backup up to wirelessly.

Setup all works fine until I have selected the destination folder and click "Save settings and run backup", at which point I get a dialogue box saying "Class not registered (0x80040154)". I am logged in with an administrator account.

I've searched Google and what's on there seems beyond my understanding - is there a simple fix anyone is aware of, or a decent bit of economically priced software you can recommend.

Thanks

Sean

oops backup by altora
cracking programme would not do without saved me on several occasions.
think its about £30 but best there is in my opinion

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom