PC Billy Barker RIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
PC Barker was the officer who lost his life today whilst protecting people in one of the flooded ares of Cumbria. He was a traffic bobby, by all accounts a fair-minded and excellent bobby, highly regarded and respected by all those who knew him

I didn't know him personally or work with him but nonetheless he was a colleague of mine. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time.

PC Barker was the officer who lost his life today whilst protecting people in one of the flooded ares of Cumbria. He was a traffic bobby, by all accounts a fair-minded and excellent bobby, highly regarded and respected by all those who knew him

I didn't know him personally or work with him but nonetheless he was a colleague of mine. My thoughts and prayers are with his family, friends and colleagues at this very sad time.
I take it that you are a Serving police officer? I watch the news this morning and heard the guy was missing, I hear he had a wife and four children, he died keeping others out of danger just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

God bless you Billy Barker rest in piece.

I take it that you are a Serving police officer? I watch the news this morning and heard the guy was missing, I hear he had a wife and four children, he died keeping others out of danger just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

God bless you Billy Barker rest in piece.

Indeed I am a serving police officer. Thanks for your comments. Yes, a married man with four children, aged between 8 & 16. No disrespect but I prefer to think he was in the right place at the wrong time, given that he was protecting others from danger.

Indeed I am a serving police officer. Thanks for your comments. Yes, a married man with four children, aged between 8 & 16. No disrespect but I prefer to think he was in the right place at the wrong time, given that he was protecting others from danger.
Yes absolutly right, right place, right man. All the best and take care.

A POLICE OFFICER'S PRAYER

Lord I ask for courage

Courage to face and
Conquer my own fears...

Courage to take me
Where others will not go...

I ask for strength

Strength of body to protect others
And strength of spirit to lead others...

I ask for dedication

Dedication to my job, to do it well
Dedication to my community
To keep it safe...

Give me Lord, concern
For others who trust me
And compassion for those who need me...

And please Lord

Through it all
Be at my side...

--Author Unknown

Last edited:
One of many that are doing a thankless job and paying the ultimate price for their dedication.

RIP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom