PC freezing after W10 AU?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
Anyone else having problems with their PC freezing after the Autumn update a couple of weeks ago?
Microsoft have a couple of fixes, but both involve rolling back to a previous build which cannot be done after a certain period. Guess what, mine can't be done.
Hoping MS bring out a patch to fix this as its getting annoying when the PC freezes a couple of times an hour for about 2 minutes at a time.

Hmm, no... and seen installed on a lot of machines too.

If anything, it improved things!

I wonder if the issue is specific to a particular element of your computer.

What I have noticed about Windows 10, although not always, is that upgraded machines tend to be more unreliable if you haven't done a re-install from scratch!

Hmm, no... and seen installed on a lot of machines too.

If anything, it improved things!

I wonder if the issue is specific to a particular element of your computer.

What I have noticed about Windows 10, although not always, is that upgraded machines tend to be more unreliable if you haven't done a re-install from scratch!

That may be my problem. I just upgraded in July last year from Win8.1 to 10.

Strangely, today, no freezing at all?? Oh, and I don't know why I put Autumn update in the original post. I meant Anniversary:dk:

Maybe it sorted itself out.

I've certainly seen Windows 10 start but just never quite get going properly and works fine after a reboot - not often mind.

See how it goes...

Hi There , I have seen this on quite a few machines after upgrading to the "anniversary" update.. in my experience best bet is to go to https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 , they have now incoporated the anniversary update into the download image, now the bad news , backup your data, flatten your machine and install all over again with this downloaded image, pretty confident this will sort it out.. for what its worth my experience is that this seem to affect mostly hp kit.

Totally agree with Fred-Holm. My wife's HP ProBook just didn't like the Anniversary Update, locking up the laptop at 87% complete every time. After a few Googles, I realised that a fresh install was the only solution (I'd upgraded last year from Win 7) so I downloaded the Win10 OS from Fred-Holm's link above, made a bootable thumb drive using their instructions and after backing up her drive onto a separate HDD, did a clean install with perfect results. Incidentally, MS knows that Win10 was previously installed, even if you change the HDD, so you don't need a key or re-register.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom