PC madness for the snowflakes.....or just another fairy tale...

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think common sense is that words are of their time and in context.

If the BBC cannot understand that and make a proper case to defend the presenrtation of his sort of material in context instead of airbrushing or censoring it then it is not fit for purpose and possibly cannot be trusted.

Tis that West Country Sauce you had best watch out for m'luvly

Far far too much PC these days. It’s because too many snowflakes are able to make these decisions

I read about it this morning and immediately thought the BBC's refusal to play the original version was a pathetic example of political correctness. Who listens to the words anyway, did anyone even complain about it.

I'm sure lots of other stations will continue to play the original so it's the BBC's loss

I’ve got to agree with the above. This is just another thread that encourages a good old moan. Shame these kind of OT threads seem to be more popular than the feel good ones. 🙄

Call me a cynic but the last time Radio 1 banned a song from being played on that station. That record shot to number one!
The old grey matter is still working... 1984-ish Radio 1 DJ Mike Read refused to play the song 'Relax' by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Radio 1 then banned this record and poof...... It then sold over two million copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom