PCMCIA Adapter/SD Card - File Formats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

et0609

Car
E350d
Hello

Ive just had to buy a new PCMCIA adapter, as my last one got a bent pin inside and wouldnt read the SD card, but everythings working ok now. Car is a late 2008 W204.

My question is, my COMAND system will not play protected MP3 files that I downloaded from iTunes or AAC files or audiobooks which are in M4b format. Ive been playing around trying to get round these issues, but cant seem to find a way. Its not too much of an issue, as 99% of my iTunes catalogue (which I copy the tracks from) is copied from CD's I buy, rather than downloads, but there are a handful of albums Id quite like to play in the car via the SD card which are protected.

Does anyone know of a way of getting round the protection issue and also if theres a way of getting COMAND to recognise AAC and M4b files?

Thanks.

If you use Mac, Music Converter app will convert iTunes protected files into mp3 format.

Nope just mp3s, itunes can convert aac and m4b files to mp3, you have to select the file type in the settings , as for the protection on them I don't know there will be some form of mp3 converter out there that will be able to duplicate the file minus the protection

As far as I know there's no way of reprogramming comand to read them anyway, nothing in any of the comand updates either

If you use Mac, Music Converter app will convert iTunes protected files into mp3 format.

Thanks, but dont use a Mac.

Nope just mp3s, itunes can convert aac and m4b files to mp3, you have to select the file type in the settings , as for the protection on them I don't know there will be some form of mp3 converter out there that will be able to duplicate the file minus the protection

As far as I know there's no way of reprogramming comand to read them anyway, nothing in any of the comand updates either

Thats helpful, thanks. I'll try the settings in iTunes or see if I can find a converter.

File issues

Anyone having problems playing any unprotected MP3's?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom