pcmcia slot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nobbyb99

Car
C 220 CDI
Hello All
new to the forum and Mercedes my car is 2009 w204 c220 cdi
it has the pcmcia slot
so my question is why does it say there is no playable media
it says the memory car is there and i have made sure the bit rate of the mp3's is ok but still nothing
please help

Could there be an issue with the card?

I have a card in my office that works well with the iMac but not in the car, no idea why as the files are all ok and the same songs on a different card work well.

If you have another card worth a go I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MP3 bit rate is not the only restriction these head units have. The memory card format is another one, folder structure etc. All explained in the user manual.

Be sure to use an SD-HC capable PCMCIA adapter when using SD-HC type memory cards.

thanks for your reply's
i don't no what make the adapter is could be that it's just that the car Knows there is
a memory card in just says no playable media so maybe it's the sd card but it is sd-hc

Also it does depend how much data you have loaded as it takes a while to read it all first time through. I would put a single file on there and try that. It should be formatted as FAT or FAT16. MB state they only support up to 4GB but I have 8GB (Sandisk SDHC) working OK. Did you create the card on a PC or MAC?

HI Larkone it's a 8gig sandisk sdhc from a pc i will try and re-format and load 1 track and see what happens
thanks

If it still doesn't work then you need to look at what you are using to produce the MP3 file. Is it downloaded or are you converting from another file format and what software are you using.

sorted it the adapter that i got from ebay only (£1.99) won't read sd-hc cards only reads old sd cards but works fine with an old card
thanks for all reply's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom