PCN notice for parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hash

Car
Audi A8 08 with lots of toys & volvo XC90
hi all just got a pcn in oxford for parking, fair enough but have just noticed that it states volkswagen and not volvo. all other details are correct, should i pay?? or appeal? :confused:

In fairness was banged to rights as all the carparks were full!!! :crazy:

thanks

Hash

If you have a Volvo and it states VW then I suspect that they have the incorrect vehicle and you were never there... ??? ;-)

Simon

Tell them you were not there, or ever have been, and you drive a Volvo not a Volkswagen. So either the traffic warden has made a mistake with the registration number, or your car has been cloned. Call their bluff, I would.

Russ

Tell them you were not there, or ever have been, and you drive a Volvo not a Volkswagen. So either the traffic warden has made a mistake with the registration number, or your car has been cloned. Call their bluff, I would.

Russ

Depends if they have taken a pic - as a lot of them do now...

Now days they take a picture with the stupid device that issues the dam ticket. I have seen it and they take all angles to cover their back side.:devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

In some case they even note the postion of the valve on the tyre to see if the car has moved or not. :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

Tell them to sod off. Zero tolerance applies both ways (or it should)....

"Lie"

Its reassuring that you can rely on quality advice from t'internet.

:rolleyes:

If the PCN, which I assume was affixed to your vehicle, states everything correct (inc. reg) but the make of the vehicle is wrong, it's a simple operator error on the handheld computer (hmm, let's try the alphabet here - Volkswagen, Volvo...)

Appeal the PCN and it will be written off as it is not valid. Simple as. If the council persist, go to NPAS and the appeal will be allowed as it is not valid.

If however, you feel in your conscience that the PCN was valid, then pay up, nothing will stop you doing that. Your choice :)

Last edited:
thanks all, and to be honest was going top pay it, but i think i will appeal as the details are wrong and as a poster said zero tolerance works both ways :devil:

will let you know how i get on

thanks

Hash

well update, sent an email to the address on the ticket, failed with user not known!!! :mad: so filled in the web form but had no response :mad:

so today called them spoke to a nice lady who said yes she remembered the query, they had looked at the photos and agreed it was not a volkswagen!!! :rolleyes:

so upshot one apology and written confirmation ticket is cancelled :bannana: :bannana:

Happy new year to all especially apocoa!!!

cheers

hash

I am going to have some self adhesive badges made up to stick on the SL when parked where it should not be, maybe a Mini badge or something like that and see if it works for me :):)

I am going to have some self adhesive badges made up to stick on the SL when parked where it should not be, maybe a Mini badge or something like that and see if it works for me :):)

Yugo, SL's look more like a Yugo than a Mini:D

I got two PCNs over the Christams break and you know what?

Im just going to pay the fines as I was illegally parked in both cases.

I suggest that Hash does the same (even if the details arent correct!) I mean, appealing against a £30-£50 ticket when you can afford to buy an XC90 And a 7 series Beemer is a bit of a mickey take!

Just my 2p's worth

I got two PCNs over the Christams break and you know what?

Im just going to pay the fines as I was illegally parked in both cases.

I suggest that Hash does the same (even if the details arent correct!) I mean, appealing against a £30-£50 ticket when you can afford to buy an XC90 And a 7 series Beemer is a bit of a mickey take!

Just my 2p's worth

Wow! Come and park in my city any time you like :rock:

Nice attitude (no reflection on the OP)

I've never collected a parking ticket in all the years I've been driving because I follow the rules and park where I'm allowed to, but...

It is becoming increasingly difficult to park legally in some towns simply because certain regimes have an idealogical 'problem' with car use. Oxford is a case in point. Ever decreasing numbers of parking places, extortionate rates for using the ones that do still exist and restrictions on private vehicle use that make visiting the city to purchase goods (rather than just be a tourist) a complete nightmare. Ever tried carrying bulky and/or heavy items on the Park and Steal bus service?

I have the solution, though. I vote with my feet (or should that be wheels?) and although I live within 15 minutes drive of Oxford City Centre I never visit it - either using my own or public transport - and spend none of my disposable income there. If reports of the number of retail businesses in Oxford that are folding is believed then it would appear that many others are behaving like me and are also avoiding the place. I have great sympathy with the retailers who are watching their life's work building a business go down the drain, but if them closing and the council's resultant revenue stream drying up is what it takes to drive home to the lunatics that run the City that they are doing significant damage to what should be a thriving local economy then so be it.

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of parking, my local council has recently replaced all the pay-and-display ticket machines with ones that require you to enter your registration number before you can get a ticket. Whenever I have to stand in a queue in the howling wind with rain lashing about me while each person tries to key their car registration into the darn thing I get the overwhelming desire to round up the councillors who dreamt up this pathetic penny-pinching scheme, strip them of all but their underwear, and chain them to the darn thing for 12 hours of wet, windy weather.

Ahhh... That's better. I'm off for my medication now :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom