PCN Notice....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyinspanner

MB Enthusiast
Car
A209 320CLK (CL500 & W168 sold)
Hi

Mrs F/S got a parking ticket 11/12/19 - she’s a community nurse, and has a council parking disc on the window.

She thought it was for being in a ‘resident’ bay, (which shouldn’t matter due her community parking disc)

The notice says it is for a bay violation. “Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay” which shouldn’t be an issue she is a good driver/parking - day in/out.

Looked online 24hrs later to query it and view evidence, and the PCN is not recognised, did online chat with them, and they couldn’t access it. They said they would pass on to IT.

Checked couple of times since, and again today, and it still “not recognised” - I wonder if:-

A) It was quashed when someone saw the parking disc on photos at the office?
B) it’s just disappeared in the ether and will never “go live”.

I’ve got screen shots of all online chat, and screen grabs of “not found” status.
So how long is a PCN enforceable for? - it says £30 if paid within 7 days (which I have evidence of us trying) so hopefully if it suddenly pops up in the future, they cannot do the “oh it’s £XXX now because you didn’t pay it directly.

Anyone got any knowledge ?

Hi

Mrs F/S got a parking ticket 11/12/19 - she’s a community nurse, and has a council parking disc on the window.

She thought it was for being in a ‘resident’ bay, (which shouldn’t matter due her community parking disc)

The notice says it is for a bay violation. “Not parked correctly within the markings of the bay” which shouldn’t be an issue she is a good driver/parking - day in/out.

Looked online 24hrs later to query it and view evidence, and the PCN is not recognised, did online chat with them, and they couldn’t access it. They said they would pass on to IT.

Checked couple of times since, and again today, and it still “not recognised” - I wonder if:-

A) It was quashed when someone saw the parking disc on photos at the office?
B) it’s just disappeared in the ether and will never “go live”.

I’ve got screen shots of all online chat, and screen grabs of “not found” status.
So how long is a PCN enforceable for? - it says £30 if paid within 7 days (which I have evidence of us trying) so hopefully if it suddenly pops up in the future, they cannot do the “oh it’s £XXX now because you didn’t pay it directly.

Anyone got any knowledge ?

If it were me I would formally appeal the ticket in writing.
Citing the ticket is incorrect as described above (parked correctly) and also the issues you have had in trying to resolve this online with supporting evidence.

Unfortunately leaving the ticket to hopefully disappear will not help in the long run?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If they’ve got no photos they’ve got no evidence

Send them an email asking them to confirm there is no record of the pcn number.

Finally got to get up up online, the bay markings are missing off the pavement (pavement looks as if it had been dug up and replaced).
And it appears that it was a bay where you are intended to put 2 wheels on the pavement (which is not the norm in this borough).

So it just looks like a badly painted (skinny) bay, and the Suzuki Swift was a tad fatter. We have asked for cancellation as part of the bay markings are missing. Fingers crossed.

If they can't find it they can't cancel it. Looks like a win/win for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom