PCN (Parking Charge Notice) Scotland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've actually been doing that and it's fine.
Glad to hear it.

I did caveat my post with the words “Generally speaking” because that’s important. Scotland is, for the time being at least, a special case for private parking notices, but for England and Wales ignoring notices can and does end badly for many people. Companies such as Parking Eye are extremely litigious and ignoring, rather than challenging, their notices is a very bad idea.

This thread has reignited my curiosity as to how DVLA passing owners’ details to private parking operators is compatible with GDPR. Does anyone have an answer? Seems odd to me...

This thread has reignited my curiosity as to how DVLA passing owners’ details to private parking operators is compatible with GDPR. Does anyone have an answer? Seems odd to me...
The DVLA will pass details to anyone for a price as long as you give a sufficient reason for asking. Apparently it's a nice little money earner for them.

Preventing possible fraud is not, however, a sufficient reason. :rolleyes:

This happened to me whilst I was visiting Greenwich Odeon Imax. I went through the Parking Companies appeals process, sent them the receipts of the Odeon and Nando's and they said many thanks, appeal approved.

This happened to me whilst I was visiting Greenwich Odeon Imax. I went through the Parking Companies appeals process, sent them the receipts of the Odeon and Nando's and they said many thanks, appeal approved.
If you ate in Nando's you should get free parking for life - which will probably be short.

I had one a couple of years ago in Colchester,I had overstayed in the car park by about 30 mins,it puzzled me for a few moments as anybody who know me well knows I hate shopping and I am never anywhere near the parking limit,then the penny dropped we had been in a kitchen showroom where SWMBO,had spent ages picking and ordering a new kitchen,so a polite call to the showroom soon had it sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom