PCP coming to an end....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E350Matty

Car
e350
So my PCP is coming to an end. 2014 E350 Coupe.

I'm almost certain that I'm going to purchase the car out right. The latest E class coupe in the 350 variant is just way out of my price range also in my opinion the front and rear end im not to sure about.

I'm just not ready to part away from my car just as yet. The only thing that could tempt me is a C43 (used maybe).

Has any ex E class coupe owners changed to a different car that they prefer ?

Also any advice on purchasing the car at the end of my term? (Is it just a case of paying the final GFV or is they fees involved)

Just would like some advice from people who have gone this route. Many thanks.

Last edited:
The latest E class coupe in the 350 variant is just way out of my price range also in my opinion the front and rear end im not to sure about.
Swopped my 2013 E coupe for a 2016 Edition E coupe ,both 220's, because I knew the new model would be way over my budget and had big misgivings over it's design. I still can't convince myself to like the new model and every time I see one it only reinforces that view.
Also you have to pay extra for Command, Leather and Intelligent Lights on the new car.:(

Scooby_Doo said:
Swopped my 2013 E coupe for a 2016 Edition E coupe ,both 220's, because I knew the new model would be way over my budget and had big misgivings over it's design. I still can't convince myself to like the new model and every time I see one it only reinforces that view. Also you have to pay extra for Command, Leather and Intelligent Lights on the new car.:(
From the outside it is difficult to distinguish between it and the c coupe! For me that's a big no no.. the inside however is miles better that the c class if it has premium pack..

Have to admit I do like the inside , and is probably a nicer drive than the old model. Unfortunately I buy my cars more with my eyes than my ar**.

Scooby_Doo said:
Have to admit I do like the inside , and is probably a nicer drive than the old model. Unfortunately I buy my cars more with my eyes than my ar**.

The inside is sweet! It's more refined and it's suspension is more comfortable but because of that the it's not sporty.

I had the new one for a few days test drive, so will have to do a full review for people who are looking maybe to upgrade.

Attachments

• image-572795237.jpg
    image-572795237.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 102
I went from an E350 coupe (2009) to an Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDI (2012) which was great, then from that to a Porsche 997 C4S (2008) which I loved but am now in an E350 Cabriolet (2011) which I really like....

thebook said:
I went from an E350 coupe (2009) to an Audi A5 Sportback 3.0TDI (2012) which was great, then from that to a Porsche 997 C4S (2008) which I loved but am now in an E350 Cabriolet (2011) which I really like....

So you are back with the E350 :) I do think the 3.0 litre V6 diesels are great engines. Getting great MPG from mine and the Torque/power is the sweat and enough for me for now.

Once I purchase mine out right I might treat it to a few things. Remap / rear lip spoiler that I've seen on others which isn't on mine, remove the bluetec badge as they is a lot of chrome lettering going on. And maybe some better brakes as I'd like a bit more bite.

What a car btw 997 C4S , are you not missing that???!!

I have had a E350 coupe and E250 coupe and last November picked up my C43 Coupe. I can honestly say for me overall I prefer the C43 coupe, it brought fun back into driving as the E's were a bit mundane and boring. Always brings a smile to my face to flick it into Sports+ mode.

Once I test drove a c43 my mind was made up, perhaps test drive one and make your decision based on that.

no one pays the final fee! may as well use the money to go for another PCP.

no one pays the final fee! may as well use the money to go for another PCP.

Buying the car last the end is a very expensive way of paying for one. PCP only really works if you change the car at the end of each term. If you intend to keep one long-term, much better to go for a personal loan.

Pay final fee and keep car is the cheapest thing to do if you feel the car is keeper. Keep a car for 9 years and tot up the total cost of motoring vs 3 new cars on 3year pcp deals.

The difference is eye watering.

The entire new car finance buisness model is designed to try and convince you otherwise

jdrrco said:
Buying the car last the end is a very expensive way of paying for one. PCP only really works if you change the car at the end of each term. If you intend to keep one long-term, much better to go for a personal loan.

Did try the personal loan route but the payments and APR Merc offered me was way better (self employed)

Did try the personal loan route but the payments and APR Merc offered me was way better (self employed)

Why would that be?

Lenders don't discriminate against the self employed.

They bloomin do when you go to get a mortgage. Make you feel like a very high risk. :mad:

Only if they have been cooking the books. Some businesses seem to declare a little less to HMRC than the owner's lifestyle suggests.

If the evidence of income stacks up all is good.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean, honestly, just don't see what you're implying. :D

c43amg84 said:
I have had a E350 coupe and E250 coupe and last November picked up my C43 Coupe. I can honestly say for me overall I prefer the C43 coupe, it brought fun back into driving as the E's were a bit mundane and boring. Always brings a smile to my face to flick it into Sports+ mode. Once I test drove a c43 my mind was made up, perhaps test drive one and make your decision based on that.

I certainly will give the car a test drive. :)

What would happen to the car if you opt to hand it back and walk away ( as I understand you can ) ?

Does it go into the MB Approved Used stock , or just go to auction ?

If the latter , it might be cheaper to hand it back , then go and buy it at the auction - bearing in mind how much you'd be prepared to bid .

PCP will work well for some if they want a new car every 2-3 years, do a modest mileage AND they have high confidence that their financial circumstances will be stable for the medium term and by that I mean for the next 3-5 years.

General rule of thumb - a car will loose 50% of its value every 3 years so its not rocket science to work out where the sweet spot is for you given your perceived financial outlook and other financial commitments over the medium term.

If you like the car, believe you will be happy with it for another 2-3 years (possibly with some updates) and its been reliable then buying at end of term will make sense. this may also be your best bet if you are less than confident of financial circumstances or see other financial priorities on the medium term horizon, moving house, kids arriving, kids going to Uni, weddings (yours or kids), building extensions...

We are in uncertain times and when the BoE / financial press comment about debt PCP always gets a mention.

Does it go into the MB Approved Used stock , or just go to auction ?

If the latter , it might be cheaper to hand it back , then go and buy it at the auction - bearing in mind how much you'd be prepared to bid .

My last car was on a lease and initially acquired through a dealer. It didn't go back to the dealer. It was collected from the house and driven to a processing centre near Coventry that is used by various finance companies.

It then went to auction about 8 weeks later and was passed on to a dealer in the NW of England listed as AU and appeared to have been sold within about a month.

When there's a finance company involved you can't assume that the car will simply go to a local dealer or local auction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom