PCS Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jeffwebb

Car
E55 AMG + Suzuki Burgman 400
Phoned PCS this morning at 11.30. Spoke to Jack and asked if I could get my air-con looked at. "Pop down now if you like" he said. I was back indoors (after a 120 mile round trip) with a new condenser, new gas and ice cold air-con by 4 o'clock. Wonderful service and easy on the wallet. Thanks again guys. I'll be back. :thumb:

What on earth are these guys playing at? They will destroy the entire industry! What next? Reasonable prices? Heaven forbid.:eek:

<<-------------- see here

:D

would also like to thank pcs for the work and advise given yesterday morning

i had to have my door lock mechanism and front n/s track rod arm replaced .

Dropped my CLK off this morning with them in the hope they can resolve the dreaded torque converter fault that I think it's got. If it hadn't been for this site and Ollie's thread on the problem, I'd still be none the wiser and probably still driving it around making it worse. Worse still I could have taken it elsewhere and possibly paid for hours of wasted diagnosis/fault rectification. These guys really sound like they know what they are doing. Will post up the outcome!!

Quick update (hope you don't mind me posting on thread). Ollie quickly confirmed that my torque converter was the problem. That has been removed and is in the process of being refurbished (having seen the price of a new one I'm very glad for this service). In the meantime a check of the gearbox oil seems to confirm the presence of glycol/water. Due to my car having the problematic Valeo radiator fitted, the only real option is to replace it.
Just had a call from Ollie letting me know that they have just received the radiator and were about to work on late replacing it so that I'll hopefully get the car back at the weekend. Not experienced this kind of service before!! Much appreciated. Almost makes me want to hang up my overalls and retire the spanners!
Cheers fellas, don't work too late.

True to their word, PCS worked late to get my car sorted. Picked it up yesterday morning. Ollie gave me a good run through of the work they had carried out. 1st class if you ask me. I had prepared myself for a serious dent in the wallet before I went down, however I have to say that I was plesantly surprised at the final bill. Considering the amount of work that had been done on the car - Investigation, ATF test, Gearbox out/in, torque Converter refurb, ATF + filter replace and level, radiator replace + fluid, (my own fuel filter fitted as well) and finally road test - I doubt the price could be beaten anywhere (providing the same standard was met).

It was a 110 mile round trip for me. I only went to these guys on the recommendations that I've read on this forum. I'm glad to say that PCS are from my experience as good as people report on here. I would have no hesitation in recommending them and fully expect to make use of their services in the future.

Just got the (M.B very poor quality) rusty wheel arches to sort out now, if only they did bodywork!!!

Many thanks again Olly, I hope you enjoy your well deserved holiday.

The car is running as well as it ever has with the bonus of a very smooth gearbox once again!!

Oh, and the water level was spot on!!!

Many thanks.

Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom