PCS gtg and BENZ ON THE GREEN, May 14th 2016!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did find the food set up a bit odd and a little dangerous having to go behind the griddle to get the ketchup! :eek:

Did find the food set up a bit odd and a little dangerous having to go behind the griddle to get the ketchup! :eek:

You live in Kent. The place where BBQ lighting is done only with massive amounts of petrol and a tossed fag end.

In about a months time we will see the Kent skyline resembling nuclear armageddon as mushroom clouds, heavy with the whiff of aviation fuel, cremated sausages, eyebrows and chest hair, rise above Chatham.

A&E will again overflow with the annual influx of the toasted remnants of BBQ owners.

Just to echo everyone's sentiments - a big thanks to all the team for another great BOTG event.
Thoroughly enjoyed mixing with old/new, known and unknown members - all with interesting tales and yarns about their vehicles or past exploits :D

Many thanks and looking forward to the next one, Matt :thumb:

You live in Kent. The place where BBQ lighting is done only with massive amounts of petrol and a tossed fag end.

In about a months time we will see the Kent skyline resembling nuclear armageddon as mushroom clouds, heavy with the whiff of aviation fuel, cremated sausages, eyebrows and chest hair, rise above Chatham.

A&E will again overflow with the annual influx of the toasted remnants of BBQ owners.

A couple of weeks ago there was a massive plume of smoke covering the center of Kent

Look at that said she

Dont worry Its probably just Bruces house on fire said I

Whos Bruce said she

Just a person from the forum said I

You are a **** said she

I think you've been to the rough part! :thumb: :D

Don't know what all this fuss is about the BBQ? Having said that, I did manage to eat the biggest breakfast I'd ever seen that morning. :D

You had food? :eek: After the morning's big feed? :confused: :cool:

I like my food and I thought the BBQ was excellent. Big roll, 2 very good sausages and plenty of onions. Yes, the mustard was awkwardly placed but no complaints here.

I also had dinner in the bar later on and thoroughly enjoyed it. I've actually never been dissapointed with food at the George and I have no connection with them whatsoever.

On the way home I stopped of in Egham and bought a very nice W124 coupe so been an expensive day for me! :D

You just can't be without one can you Ray :D:D

You had food? :eek: After the morning's big feed? :confused: :cool:

Not until 2pm but the breakfast was HUGE!

Went wrong for you when the conversation went along the lines of;

Breakfast sir?
Yes, full English.
Sausages?
Yes.
How many?
three.
Bacon?
Yes
How many?
two
Black pudding?
Yes.
How many?.........

Twenty minutes later the order was placed!!

:thumb::eek::D

I have the grand total raised for BEN

"trumpet noise"

£2677.23

Well done everyone!

Lets dig deep for next time. Donations are welcome throughout the year.

Hi, I'd like to donate to this charity, is there a Paypal address? Cheers

Goodwood Crash Update

Just a bit of info for those who popped into Goodwood Circuit on the drive-out and witnessed the pall of smoke that signified a heavy crash: According to the circuit, both occupants of the car concerned got out without injury.

Hello everyone. I'd just like to add my sincere thanks to everyone involved in organising yet another fab BOTG event. Pauline, Natasha, Olly, Nick and all the others - you all deserve medals for the time and effort you've put in.

I hope you know how much it is appreciated.

Yes I was a tad disappointed with the bbq, so I opted to give it a miss, but that didn't detract from a great day out. And it was nothing a good Ruby couldn't fix on the way back... :D

Great to catch up with old friends (you know who you are) and to meet new ones. That's what the whole thing is about for me.

I think the only thing missing from the day was "Ride of the Valkyries" blaring out of Big Un's Vito's stereo as we bombed south down the A34. :)

Until next year...

Just a bit of info for those who popped into Goodwood Circuit on the drive-out and witnessed the pall of smoke that signified a heavy crash: According to the circuit, both occupants of the car concerned got out without injury.

Any idea which car it was, Phil? I heard the squeal of the tyres, and someone joked about the sound of crossplies, but then the smoke started coming up.

Any idea which car it was, Phil?
No, sorry. I was given the info regarding the driver and passenger by my mate who contacted the circuit to find out, but he said they didn't mention which car it was.

Any idea which car it was, Phil? I heard the squeal of the tyres, and someone joked about the sound of crossplies, but then the smoke started coming up.

I was told it was the Aston DB4 but wouldn't swear to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom