Pcv valve

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IFFY100

Car
Cls 350 cdi 2010 grand edition
So merc want 80 quid for the following part A6420100591 which is ridiculous, and autodoc want 30 for the same part made by autlog. Question is, is autlog part oe?

I have used auto-doc many times but for non-easy to replace parts, when I've used auto-doc it's been with brands like Bosch who make the originals.

However, with the PCV, given its location on my engine I bit the bullet and paid mercedes their £80 as it's not a job I want to revisit any time soon, or a problem I want again any time soon.

If you're doing a DIY and comfortable with the work that's needed, I guess you can take the risk - but then if it turns out to be inferior you'll have to redo it possibly sooner than later.

It really boils down to risk -v- reward.

For £30 I’d buy it . It’s an easy diy job . You can buy 3 for the price of one MB one ;)

This might be good place to share a potential further cure of oil consumption... Someone our local MB forum found a video where PCV valve connection (seal) is actually worn and causing more oil coming to PCV...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks for the advice guys.
I ended up buying the mb one. Its a 15 min DIY but was more worried about damaging the engine with an inferior part.

On a side note, do these engines commonly use oil between changes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom